Took the day off
0 (0%)
Chucked a sickie
0 (0%)
Got a lift to work
3 (25%)
Drove
3 (25%)
Rocked up to the depot in the hopes of joining in a chant of the "What do we want? / When do we want it?" variety, and perhaps waggle a poorly constructed protest poster in the air
0 (0%)
Rode a bike
0 (0%)
Walked
1 (8.3%)
Other
1 (8.3%)
Rocked up at the depot in the hope of scoring free food from a union BBQ
2 (16.7%)
Didn't affect me
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Buzz Killington

Curious to hear the experiences of members today who had to find alternative transport given the events of today.

I drove today, although I know there are members here who do rely on the bus for transport.

p_stampy

I got radiation stuff injected and 30-40 minutes worth of scans (as in xray type things) done over various times of the day  :pop:

...and I got daddy to drive me :)

belcodriver

Thread title should be lockout day.

smitho

After attending the 0700 drivers' meeting at Tuggeranong Depot (took car both ways), did some shopping and other domestic jobs then headed up to Goulburn by northbound Xplorer, returning on southbound service.

Upgraded track, bridge replacements and refurbished railcar sets has certainly improved the Canberra train service - now to get rid of the archaic Staff and Ticket safeworking system and replace it with modern Train Order Working....would speed things up no end. Tarago Station was undergoing a thorough external refurb and repaint - looks great. Only freight train seen was a triple header Sydney-Tarago waste train, headed up by 81 class, X class, 81 class.