Preservation of BUS 108

Started by CTM, July 07, 2020, 12:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTM

The Canberra Transport Museum is pleased to announce the acquisition of Renault PR100.3 BUS 108 after it was picked up from Tuggeranong depot this morning.

The bus will be preserved in its current state. With some minor changes and repairs along the way. CTM would like to thank Transport Canberra for their help in making this happen!

We hope to share more updates here as they come to hand, but for more regular updates on all things CTM don't forget to check us out on Facebook!

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well that bus driver who said he wanted this bus certainly isn't getting it now lol.

Stan butler

Is 108 the one parked in a driveway in Osborn st?  I saw that one today?

Snorzac

Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan butler

It stands out so much.  Come cruising around the bend and blatantly sticking out is a big orange bus sitting in a suburban driveway.

Sylvan Loves Buses

CTM's not-so-secret hideout maybe?

Snorzac

It will be moved to our storage once it has rego and some basic cleaning tasks completed

Snorzac

BUS 114 has been provisionally purchased at auction to supply BUS 108 with parts, if it passes roadworthy it may be put on plates for a short period to assist in the running of a belated COVID safe PR100.3 farewell tour.

Stan butler

Quote from: Snorzac on November 04, 2020, 05:54:46 PMBUS 114 has been provisionally purchased at auction to supply BUS 108 with parts, if it passes roadworthy it may be put on plates for a short period to assist in the running of a belated COVID safe PR100.3 farewell tour.

Sounds good. Cant wait.

CTM

BUS 108 was recently refitted with fleet numbers in hope of use in an upcoming event!

CTM

So a lot has changed since the last proper update;
-ex BUS 108 had a significant and unpredictable mechanical failure early in 2021 and has not been on the road in quite some time.
-ex BUS 114 which was originally intended for parts is now apart of the CTM fleet however due to lack of access during the lockdown period features it is now suffering some mechanical issues as a result of not moving or having the engine started for a long period, this bus has also not yet gone for registration.
-ex BUS 100 was acquired for parts, this bus was at the AFP training range and sustained some damage there, the team at CTM is currently in the process of fully parting our the remains of 100, this includes the removal of all exterior panels, interior, electrics, all mechanical components. Once the part our is concluded the remains will be sent to scrap. This bus has sufficient viable parts to get both 108 and 114 on the road and have us a plentiful supply of parts for the future.