829 on a 200

Started by 743, November 15, 2010, 06:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thought I'd head down to Northbourne Ave to get a shot of a 200 on its first day of service...I never saw anything but a MAN on the 727, but now that it's been renumbered, apparently anything goes  :P

Busnerd

Now that's what I'm talking about, 3 digit route numbers slowly creeping back in, looks good!

Sir

That is bad, just when action was picking up it's game. :-\

CNG

Quote from: 743 on November 15, 2010, 06:33:02 PM
Thought I'd head down to Northbourne Ave to get a shot of a 200 on its first day of service...I never saw anything but a MAN on the 727, but now that it's been renumbered, apparently anything goes  :P

what time was that picture taken at?

Mod note: Please refrain from quoting photos in the future

Snorzac

Going by my sighting of it, it would have been around 1500 or 1730

Snorzac

829 sighted doing 200s again today!

Quote from: Metrobus on November 15, 2010, 08:14:36 PM
Going by my sighting of it, it would have been around 1500 or 1730
Yep, it was just after 5.30pm in Dickson.

Quote from: Metrobus on November 16, 2010, 08:06:57 PM
829 sighted doing 200s again today!
Aww, and there I was thinking I'd captured a one-off  :P

CNG

Thats my former school bus  driver in that bus, yeah it would be very hard to see him in an iris or euro

Sir

888 was doing when heading towards DFO at around 4:30pm.

Snorzac

949, 865, 829, 974 and 146 did red rapids with out a 'green bus' between them

Sir

This is really bad. Action needs to get this worked out. Maybe if it was just once or maybe twice but a trillion!Really ACTION?

400:D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the REDEX is better than the 200 or any o its incarnations following as ACTION try to fix it or wipe the memory of a certain route, also ACTION isn't even doing well at the wider base of the former REDEX catchers, who now have left leaving the 200 empty when its usually semi-full to full when I catch it!

Snorzac

You obviously haven't ridden it enough. 367 carried a full standing load out of the City yesterday!

Once again though-the route 200 is no different to REDEX!!! Just because it may not be a new bus does not make the service any different.

smitho

Having done Redex since the start of the trial a year ago, and now the 200s, I haven't noticed much change in peak period patronage, either up or down.   

The new stops on Flemington opened up new traffic to Redex in its final months. The end of the Civic-Gungahlin Route 5 service has probably increased Route 200 loadings a little more too.