Bustech CDI Double Decker coming to Canberra

Started by Bus 400, January 30, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

A post on the Australian Transport Discussion Board (busaustralia.com/forum -Under General Transport Discussion) reports that the red double decker built by Bustech is on its way to Canberra.

I suspect this will be another trial bus that Belconnen Depot will miss out on due to its height.

The Love Guru

It wont fit in either depot, nor will it fit in the bus bays at Tugerranong or under the walkways at Woden. This bus is coming here as part of the PMs XI match. Bustech are trying to push it but it has no market here in Canberra due to the infrastructure issues.

Bus 400

Quote from: Chris_Guru on January 30, 2012, 05:28:48 PM
Bustech are trying to push it but it has no market here in Canberra due to the infrastructure issues.

When has that ever stopped anyone you know of........

With all that in mind, where is it going to be stored or refilled?

The Love Guru

I think it is only here for the day. Probably just refuel in a truck stop. Deckers have no place in the Australian urban environment these days. With access issues for the top deck and the risk of being sued for damages should someone fall whilst the bus is moving, i can't see operators taking risk. After all, if you are seen to not be following 'best practice' it does leave you open to legal issues. Hence decker with stairs or artic with flat floor. I know this will outrage the decker foamers, but their days has been and gone (for route buses).

Merv319

Saw this bus today, on London Circuit at 4:40pm.

It was a dark red bus, with some aboriginal arts on.

Sir Pompously

AFAIK the bus is not here for demonstration to operators, I have been told it is actually in Canberra to haul cricketers to Manuka Oval (Probably as some kind of advertising piece).

Busnerd

That is exactly what it is, the promotional material can again, be found in transport friends on Facebook

smitho

While doing a 28 out of Fairbairn earlier this week, I passed an impressive looking red (traditional London buses red) double decker in the vicinity of the civil air terminal.

It had some Canberra promotional material on the exterior and LED destos, but I couldn't make out the name on the side of the bus or type of bus in question. Curious.

Sir Pompously

Only red, modern double deck bus in Canberra at the moment so there is no doubt it would be the CDi.