ACTION Wikipedia Page

Started by Sir Pompously, February 12, 2008, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Righto folks, I have had it up to here with the person who keeps on changing the ACTION wikipedia page. The page has been changed with bad grammar, and information not required like examples. I Will revert the page back as I had it, and I will keep on changing it until this person stops changing the page. I personally have put alot of work into that page, I don't want to see it changed to include gramatically incorrect info and information not required on the page, unless the example are placed in the correct format on the page and not just shoved inbetween the text. The user is Josh710 and I do have a fair idea on who it is.

Buzz Killington

I'll sticky this and set it to global for you Todd.

You've done a great job on the page and we'll help out in any way we can to stop people mucking around with it.

Also, if they do it again, post some examples, for the lol factor

Sir Pompously

Well this is the main edit which keeps on popping up. A note has been placed in asking me to stop editing the edits (By Josh710) as they want to add the new route 300, whatever that means.

Also, Danke for the Sticky + Global for me! The page is there and free for people to edit, however if it is edited incorrectly like the below they will meet my Wiki Nazi Wrath.

My Edit
QuoteIntertown
First introduced as a service between Woden, City and Belconnen Bus Stations, the 333 was extended to Tuggeranong Bus Station when it opened. In Network 1998, the 333 was replaced with 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 where the route extends to the suburbs at either end of Belconnen or Tuggeranong interchanges, aswell as serving the Intertown route in the middle. Today, the services are the following:

100 - Any combination of services between Woden, City, Belconnen (the Number 300 is normally used)

116 - Woden, City, Belconnen, Weetangera, Hawker, Holt, Kippax

117 - Woden, City, Belconnen, Scullin, Florey, Latham, Holt, Kippax

300 - Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen (Via Erindale on Evenings/Weekends), however most common combination is Woden, City, Belconnen

312 - Theodore, Isabella Plains, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Melba, Spence

313 - Banks, Bonython, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Scullin, Charnwood, Fraser

314 - Lanyon, Gordon, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Florey, Flynn, Fraser

315 - Theodore, Isabella Plains, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Florey, Evatt, Spence

Intertown Services travel via main roads only to create a fast service between the four Interchanges. Outside of the Intertown route, the services turn into route services and run through suburban streets.

Page edit.
QuoteFirst introduced as a service between Woden, City and Belconnen Bus Stations, the 333 was extended to Tuggeranong Bus Station when it opened. In Network 1998, the 333 was replaced with 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 And year of (2006) new route start is 300 where these services serve the four Interchanges and suburbs at either end. Today, the services are the following:
100 - Any combination of services between Woden, City, Belconnen (the Number 300 is normally used)

116 - Woden, City, Belconnen, Weetangera, Hawker, Holt, Kippax

300 - Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen (Via Erindale on Evenings/Weekends) and New Service Belconnen Interchange to Woden via city interchange and the same information back. it will running Monday to Friday

For EG

300 Bus service left Woden Interchange at 2.53pm go via the City interchange at 3.10pm to get the Belconner Interchange at 3.28pm Monday to Friday

312 - Theodore, Isabella Plains, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Melba, Spence

313 - Banks, Bonython, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Scullin, Charnwood, Fraser

314 - Lanyon, Gordon, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Florey, Flynn, Fraser

315 - Theodore, Isabella Plains, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Florey, Evatt, Spence

Intertown Services travel via main roads only to create a fast service between the four Interchanges. Outside of the Intertown route, the services turn into route services and run through suburban streets.

Buzz Killington

I have worked with Todd to identify the "culprit". We'll handle this off board now.

300 Bus service left Woden Interchange at 2.53pm go via the City interchange at 3.10pm to get the Belconner Interchange at 3.28pm Monday to Friday

hahahahaha

Buzz Killington

To the person who has continued to edit the ACTION Wikipedia article, STOP. We know who you are, and we have no problem talking to Wiki's Staff members to have your page editing priveledges at Wikipedia suspended.

O305

This is quite amusing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:ACTION

The "culprit" thinks its a forum and that he can delete information other people have added if his stuff is removed. Hmmm!

Irisbus Rider

Now I can't edit it!

I'm trying to edit out some mistakes on it.

Buzz Killington

Wikipedia were contacted and the article has been locked until the "dispute" is settled.

Sir Pompously

Unfortunently it doesn't look like Josh710 will resolve it, only because he believes certain information is needed when it isn't. I mean what the hell is the new route 300? As I have placed on the page there is no new route 300. I have actually edited his inputs to make sense and to move a link he added plus deleted some examples which were not needed as the link is there. Ah well, it will get resolved eventually!

Buzz Killington

if bur.st ever gets around to updating their php software, we'll have a wiki on ausbus...

bubzie

I must say, reading the talk page on that is hilarious!!!!

(i remember ages ago, i think it was our friend josh, who said that he removed a picture which one of you guys had taken, and probly put up, because he knew who owned it, and didnt want the website to get into trouble or anything. I lol'd)

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, he got pretty pissed there towards the bottom, lol.

Buzz Killington

Just like to remind everybody, even though you may know who is editing the article, do not name them here.

O305

Looks like someone has been using Todd's Wiki user page as talk page, hah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kommissar_todd06

fixed the link for you - R

Sir Pompously

Well, looks as though Josh710 is gone now from Wikipedia.

QuoteIm leaveing thank for my friend is really helping me

Buzz Killington

good, maybe we can get the page unlocked now and have the FACTUAL information reinstated

Barry Drive

Todd,
While I won't directly edit the wikipedia entry myself (yet), there are a few other changes which could be made to this entry.

In the fleet section
QuoteRenault PR100.3 (Austral/Denning "Metro", rigid) - 42 (7 are wheelchair accessible)
- there are now only 5 wheelchair accessible .3's and the body name is "Starliner"; "Metro" is the name of the Ansair body for the 100.2 / 180.2

The entry on the intertown implies that it only existed as a Woden - City - Belconnen service. The origins of the intertown as we now know it go back to Route 16 (refer to Ian Cooper's history) which first started as a Woden - City direct service and was then extended to Higgins Interchange. Route 16 was replaced by 333 when the Belconnen Interchange opened. Also route 180 operated for a time as a Woden - Tuggeranong direct service prior to the 333 being extended.

The entry on Xpressos states that
QuoteThe exception to this is the 117, which is classed as an Xpresso Route and is the only such route not numbered in the 700's.
and also under Commuter Express
QuoteThe exception to this is the 180, which is classed as an Xpresso Route and is the only such route not numbered in the 700's.
Both of these entries should be referring to 170. I presume these entries were not authored by you, but they do need to be corrected at some point.

Sir Pompously

The Xpresso parts do, that was the work of the other user taking off the correct info and placing in his/her own. I am just waiting to see if anyone has anything more to say as the page is locked. The intertown I worked off what I knew, but anyone is welcome to add in what they know just aslong as it is factually correct, and the grammar is correct (Everyone makes mistakes, but nothing major!):P. Since the conversions of the 100.3a's the page has been locked so I have not been able to edit it. Feel free to place in any add ins or if you notice any mistakes, hit Discussion and place it in there.

Sir Pompously

Page is back open for anyone who would like to add. Factual information, no graffiti, relevent to the subject, watch your grammar and please do not delete unless you feel it inappropriate or needs to be re-written. When making changes please list subject and brief summary of changes on the edit page, and if need be one in the discussion page. So once again, you may post in this page again.

**EDIT** And once again the user Josh710 is again editing this page, but I do see on the Wikipedia Talk Page he has been blocked from Editing under his IP. Josh710, I know you are on here so stop it. 

CanberraTransport

I quote that user's profile page:

QuoteUser:Josh710
Im leaveing thank for my friend is really helping me

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Wikipedia Page116 - Woden, City, Belconnen, Weetangera, Hawker, Holt, Kippax

Well, well, uh, actually, the 116 goes : Woden City Belconnen Florey Latham Kippax
And the 117: Woden City Belconnen Weetangera Hawker Higgins Kippax.

And......
Quote from: Wikipedia Page
You could add Calwell, McKellar, Evatt, and take out Melba.

Quote from: Wikipedia Page315 - Theodore, Isabella Plains, Tuggeranong, Woden, City, Belconnen, Florey, Evatt, Spence
Could probably add Calwell and Melba, and take out Evatt.

As well as the 702, which doesn't service Latham.

The 703 doesn't service Kippax.

The 217 doesn't service Scullin, or Page.

Hope some of that info helps.....

Buzz Killington

and no drivers use the 100 route number, as the route no longer exists

O305

I have done some editing. Hope "Josh710" does not start another dispute!

I have put on the talk page that I think that having a list of ticket prices is not needed on a Wiki page. Any comments?

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Charles Logan on April 23, 2008, 08:21:08 PM
and no drivers use the 100 route number, as the route no longer exists

I saw a Belconnen driver use 100 around November last year - he was in a 3...

Barry Drive

I have made / am making some more changes to this page. Hopefully these will fix the errors pointed out by Renault Rider and others without significantly changing the structure of the page.

Quote from: O305 on April 24, 2008, 03:12:21 PM
I have put on the talk page that I think that having a list of ticket prices is not needed on a Wiki page. Any comments?
What do other Wiki pages for public transport show? It's somewhat relevant so long as it is updated when necessary.

O305

Quote from: Martin on April 24, 2008, 06:21:12 PM
What do other Wiki pages for public transport show?
Just a description of the ticketing system, not the actual prices.

It's somewhat relevant so long as it is updated when necessary.
Not relevant to a Wiki IMO. It's not like people use Wikipedia as a travel guide anyway.

Oh, and thanks for correcting a typo I made with the reference, Martin :)

Barry Drive

I've finished my edits for now. Hopefully it's a bit more coherent, but even I didn't quite know what I was saying about the 100 & 200 series peak services:

QuoteThe 100 series routes will travel along the Intertown trunk route to/from City Interchange. The 200 series routes will travel via Barton and Constitution Ave and the City - services to/from the North will terminate or commence at Barton; services to/from the South will terminate or commence at City West.

Also I added a link to ACTION's tickets and fare web page, so if someone else decides that the fares needs to be removed from the Wiki page, I won't care.

Sir Pompously

John, The page is open for edits. You can edit it, you don't need to post what changes people should make here, however if you feel it relevent for a change then change it on the Wiki page.

0305, It is relevant aslong as it is updated. It gives people an insight to the fares, and is giving information about the service.

Ryan (Or Charles they must be calling you now-a-days), Drivers do use the route 100. Have seen a good 10 services that have run around with the number 100 on the destination.

CT, Yeah that has been in his profile page for long time. However as soon as the page opened he jumped back up and started to revert edits again.

Thanks for the edits Martin.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Todd Milton on April 25, 2008, 09:18:40 AM
Ryan (Or Charles they must be calling you now-a-days), Drivers do use the route 100. Have seen a good 10 services that have run around with the number 100 on the destination.

a) Mr President
b) My bad, hadnt seen anyone use 100 in a LONG time

Barry Drive

Made a few more changes this morning. As usually happens, after posting it there were still a few sentences that could have been written better but I'll leave them for another time.

There are two things which need further work/research. Under "Buses" I just said a fleet of minibuses without giving much detail. This is because I don't know the model name of the Hinos, nor how many there are in the fleet.

Also under "Infrastructure" I said that City Interchange was remodelled in 2000, but I'm not sure if this is correct - it could have been 1999.

O305

Quote from: Todd Milton on April 25, 2008, 09:18:40 AM
0305, It is relevant aslong as it is updated. It gives people an insight to the fares, and is giving information about the service.
Something like "it costs $3.00 for a one way trip" may be relevant, but a full list of all tickets and concessions etc is not needed. No other operators have it, people don't go to Wiki for that information. For example you can't find out the fare from Cockle Creek to Cardiff on the CityRail wiki page, that is why they link to operator's pages.

Sir Pompously

Yeah but that is section fares, that is why no body bothers on other companies. It stays.

Jack Bauer

MESSAGES that were deemed inappropriate were removed. You are more than welcome to continue bitching, else where! Warnings will start to be dished out if it persists. Thankyou.

Jack Bauer

Furthermore, this page will be locked temporarily...

Buzz Killington

This thread will be reopened when we feel that you children can play nicely. Warnings can and will be given to any member we feel is out of line

Buzz Killington

Topic unlocked. Behave yourselves.

Bus 400

Who is going to be the one to update the Wikipedia page once part 1 of the new network begins? As it looks like it will be a big job.

Jack Bauer

Someone who can write properley and who doesn't crap on...

Early nominations for me would be Martin or Todd

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha.

Yeah, Todd or Martin, they'd be good candidates.

Busnerd

Jack Bauer

I know I was just being a dick - is that ok? :P

Barry Drive

I've made some changes. Apart from the weekend services, Network '06 is no longer included on wikipedia.

Since ACTION have revamped their web site, all of the external links to ACTION pages had to be modified.

It would be good if someone (and by someone I mean Todd) could attach a photo of a new ACTION 'totem pole' in the "Infrastructure" section.

Sir Pompously

Lol, I will grab a pic when I get back from Sydney.

Barry Drive

There have been some significant changes to the Wikipedia page for ACTION with all of the bus routes listed along with operating times, service frequency and route length. The author of these changes was 'Chaleyer61'.

While I have no concern with the content (there are some minor errors - but what doesn't), I question whether it is appropriate to put this information on the main ACTION page.

Perhaps it would be better to establish a 'Canberra Bus Routes' page which can then be linked to the ACTION page. This page can then also list the Deanes / Transborder services and a new Category of 'Bus Transport in Canberra' could be established.

What do others think?

BTW, I have also learned that there is a German version of the ACTION page, last updated in 2007.

Buzz Killington

i think its a good addition, but agree that it should be on a separate article, a concern i voiced on the talk page :D

Is "Chaleyer61" a user on here? if I had an IP number i could check..

Barry Drive

I've modified the Route services details to separate Weekday from Weekend and public holidays.

If it helps, from his/her Wikipedia user page, Chaleyer61 is from the ACT, interested in public transport/buses, history, non-fiction, classical music and the works of JRR Tolkien.

Buzz Killington

they were unaware of our site, as they posted on the discussion page of the ACTION article.

Barry Drive

There's another Wikipedia contributor to the ACTION page named "Bidgee". He/she has mainly been posting photos, but he/she has also been editing other Canberra-related pages.

Buzz Killington

Good to see. There's not many people who work on the Canberra articles.

Hope they're using their own photos :)

Bus 400

If anyone is interested in updating Bonner streets I have attached the official document with street names for Bonner Stage 1A.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Snorzac

why would that go on the ACTION wikipedia page?

Busnerd

Plus that info has been out for months

Bus 400

I mean that ACT BUS wiki thingy ma bob & I was just being helpful  :'( :'(

Buzz Killington

thanks TP300, but we're just sticking to the 'major' roads, which for Bonner are Mabo Blvd and.. i forget the other.

Barry Drive

Back to Wikipedia - I have written a draft version of the ACTION article for release on 25 May. As well as the service changes, I have modified the Fleet and Tickets sections.

If you have any comments, please leave them here or on the discussion page.

The page can be viewed at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MartinL-585/ACTION

Barry Drive

Wikipedia changes have gone in today.