Hopkinsons, Rover & Sid Fogg's coaches & West-bus

Started by Carrie, January 24, 2008, 04:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrie

I went to Sydney and back last week by Hopkinsons coach as there was track work on the rail line from Canberra to Sydney. I had very friendly, chatty drivers on the way back. There were 2 of them. One had to take over at Bundanoon as the other driver's hours were up.
Hopkinsons Scania coach TV327 at Kingston [to Sydney].

A line up of Hopkinsons coaches [from Sydney]

This West-bus photo [MO7241] was taken through coach windscreen.

Rover MAN SB400 coach at Central.

Sid Fogg's coach MO2547 at Central

Busnerd

Yeah, I saw those Hoppies coaches lined up there the other weekend when i went past and was wondering what they were for.

And thats not a westbus, its a Punchbowl bus  :D

joshula

on the 2nd photo there a 4 Hopkinsons coaches
in the photo.
why 4 bus is need it canberra to sydney Run?

O305

Because it's replacing a train service which normally has 3 carriages.

Irisbus Rider

So, those vehicles are replacing the CountryLink services? Oh, I thought they were for the CityRail runs, otherwise, shouldn't we be seeing coaches in and out of Canberra (Kingston) Station?

I missed something somewhere.....

O305

Why would a CityRail bus go to Canberra, CityRail only runs trains to Goulburn.

Irisbus Rider

I know, I thought those buses replaced Goulburn to Campbelltown/Central Services.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on January 29, 2008, 08:56:11 PM
I know, I thought those buses replaced Goulburn to Campbelltown/Central Services.

But the trains were photographed Laying over at Canberr Station John :lol:

They were just used to replace the Country Link Canberra-Sydney service, such as countrylink/transborder coaches are permanently used on certain services where no service is available such as to Eden.

Irisbus Rider

Photographed?

Yeah, I see now, does that mean we may have a wider opportunity to gunzel Hopkinsons (particularly that NCBC beauty) in Canberra now?

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on January 29, 2008, 08:59:23 PM
Photographed?

Yeah, I see now, does that mean we may have a wider opportunity to gunzel Hopkinsons (particularly that NCBC beauty) in Canberra now?

Yes John, believe it or not the buses were Photographed? and have been posted in this very thread.

Buses are used during trackwork on the line, so whenever that happens, yes, there will be coaches to gunzell.

Irisbus Rider

Oh, that photo was at Canberra Station? :-[

Yeah, I know, rail replacement.