BUS 404-Canberra Railway Station

BUS 825-Commonwealth Avenue CANBERRA

BUS 865-Richmond Avenue FAIRBAIRN

BUS 984-Commonwealth Avenue CANBERRA

BUS 323-Cameron Avenue Bus Station

BUS 362-Cameron Avenue Bus Station

BUS 365-Commonwealth Avenue PARKES

Buzz Killington

Well, now I believe I know who that was standing on the side of Commonwealth Ave this afternoon with a camera and a high-vis vest!

Sir Pompously

Your last set of photos was alright, this set not so much. You have ranged in this set from cut off, to lopsided with a little bit of too far away in between. The best piece of advice I can offer is to hold the camera straight, and try and get the bus central in the frame. No arty shots for you just yet (If you ever decide toc all them that), posting shots of cars in the way and bits cut off is just annoying. Too far away and we don't know what we are looking at, the scenery or the bus (This can only be pulled off in a pumpass angle). Also, shadows are out of place. At that time of afternoon on Commonwealth Ave it looks as though you would have been best facing in the opposite direction.

Snorzac

LOL! We seem to have a bit of really good photography accompanied with (I hope you don't mind me saying) some really really shit stuff. 302, 397, 984 and 362, to an extent 825 are awesome. The rest if you ask me aren't even worth posting.

712-Out of Frame
404- Too Dark
865-Too Dark
323 A + B- Where do I start...
365-The bus is way to far away

Not every picture taken needs to be posted. If the pictures I have mentioned were taken by me I would only consider posting them if the were of a new type of bus or depicted and AOA. The pictures I mentioned as been goo are really good. The quality of the photo really has to do with the location and time of day the photo is taken at.

When selecting a location for a photo make sure it is one that is well lit and try not to take photos of a bus with the sun behind it, ie. have the sin at your back. When selecting a position to stand the best is usually on the opposite side of the road to that the bus will be on or if it is available a median strip.

May I also ask, what camera are you using?

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Scania K320UB on March 15, 2010, 08:50:14 PM
LOL! We seem to have a bit of really good photography accompanied with (I hope you don't mind me saying) some really really shit stuff. 302, 397, 984 and 362, to an extent 825 are awesome. The rest if you ask me aren't even worth posting.
I wouldn't go as far as to say awesome, they are certanly not awe inspiring. Decent or good would be the better word for them. The flaws, although fixable, in those photos certainly do not consitute an awesome.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 15, 2010, 08:16:19 PM
Well, now I believe I know who that was standing on the side of Commonwealth Ave this afternoon with a camera and a high-vis vest!
That's my work t-shirt & I couldn't be bothered changing.

Quote from: Scania K320UB on March 15, 2010, 08:50:14 PM
May I also ask, what camera are you using?

Sony A230.

I've decided to try different locations afterwork, mostly to test out my new camera. The above locations sounded good at the time, I'll work them out in time. But the time of day I have free is a big thing, especially as we come into winter & it is dark when I start & finish work.

This wasn't all photo's as I scaled it back from a few more which were uploaded to my photo site but not here.

Busnerd

The photo with the car in the way looks more like a good promotional photo for BMW :P