Ex-717 Photo OP/Tour

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, May 30, 2021, 10:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hey everyone,

In around a months time I have organized the hiring of CTM's ex-ACTION Renault PR:180.2 Artic bus 717 for an afternoon. I'm still in the process of choosing a date, but the route has already been designed appropriately and will take place on a Saturday. For those interested, this will be an opportunity for you to photo 717 in parts of Belconnen I'm sure it once serviced (or possibly didn't). When I have finalized the date I will post the route details below.

I will be having passengers on this tour, however the tour has two parts:
  • The first part will be approximately 50 minutes in during and will follow the route (this is where photo ops can take place), however passengers on this part will be restricted as there are strict conditions for entry onto the first part of the tour. (my own conditions, not covid - these still apply however)
  • The second part is an extended return trip to any desired locations along the way, no restrictions here. CTM haven't notified me of any additional charges for passengers, so this should be free for you if you're interested.
If you or someone you know are interested in being a passenger, please private message me immediately!

Sylvan Loves Buses

Saturday June 26th - Route 444.
Rescheduled to a Saturday for legal reasons, Fraser West Terminus detour in operation on this day.

[click to enlarge]

This is the first part of the hire.
Arriving back at Fraser West Terminus at approximately 1:30pm, for those who wish to board for the second half. Still no word from CTM, but as far as I'm aware, passengers are still FREE.
Departure at around 2pm. Direction - anywhere in Belconnen and West Gungahlin via Spence and Macqaurie. Hire will Terminate at Cohen Street Bus Station plt 1 no later than 4pm (unless I'm feeling generous).

Will there's still time, I'm happy to accept more people for the first half, otherwise feel free to come along or snap a couple of passing shots on the day. Please still PM me if you do plan to ride at some point.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hold onto your cameras those who wanted a shot, you'll have to wait a little longer. Due to the weather, this tour has been delayed till Saturday 10th July.

Toyota Camry

If you are wishing to travel on this tour, be aware that it is mandatory to wear a fitted face mask, covering your nose and mouth, during your travel on bus 717; it is likely that the organiser of the tour will deny boarding to any intending passenger who is not wearing a fitted face mask.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yes, thank you captain obvious, but no this tour has been postponed until further notice following the recent covid activities in NSW. 717 lives in NSW which is why this has occurred.