Old belco interchange in a movie

Started by Stan butler, July 01, 2018, 12:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan butler

Was watching the Aussie flick "somersault" yesterday and noticed the old Belconnen bus interchange played a small but key role in this movie (as with the kambah inn and some areas of what looked like old narrabundah).

The Action logo even got a good showing when the young lass was buying a ticket at the belco interchange.

Was rather surprised.

FYI - the info about the movie is here https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381429/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Barry Drive

Yes. An entirely fictional depiction of Canberra. Taking a coach to Jindabyne from Belconnen - departing from the layover area. Rather than from the Kingston Railway Station.

The sound effect of poker machines at Kambah Inn was another fictionalisation.

(2 stars from me - and that's being generous.)

Stan butler

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 01, 2018, 04:37:23 PM
Yes. An entirely fictional depiction of Canberra. Taking a coach to Jindabyne from Belconnen - departing from the layover area. Rather than from the Kingston Railway Station.

I seem to recall many many years ago we could catch a bus to the snow from Woden interchange, and that it may have originated in belco.  This was maybe 25 years ago - or maybe even more.  This is a very distant memory though and a lot has happened to the brain cells since then.  So I cannot 100% say that the young lass catching a bus from belco to the snow is entirely fictional.

Bus 400

It may of gone by now, but there was a timtable at Plt 3 at Cohen St Bus Station for a Transborder coach to the snow.

Even this century a coach would leave Plt 18 at Woden Bus Station at freezing cold in the morning for the snow, being a young wiper snapper I wouldn't know where the coach started from.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 02, 2018, 07:35:48 PM
It may of gone by now, but there was a timtable at Plt 3 at Cohen St Bus Station for a Transborder coach to the snow.

It was still there this afternoon. I have a photo I've take in the past of it somewhere, but naturally, I can't find it now that I'm looking for it.

Busnerd

I remember getting a Lever's coach from Calwell shops to Selwyn back in the 90's, not sure if that was the same service or not.