Artic love-ins

Started by smitho, February 18, 2012, 09:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Quite a few artics converged on St Francis Xavier College, Florey yesterday morning to convey hundreds of students to the Macquarie 'Big Splash' in Catchpole St. Tuggy artics were very well represented, (possibly the majority?).

Uncertain at this stage if Artics will again be used next weekend for the annual Canberra Show shuttles.

Snorzac

Yeah, I almost got crushed by 706 as it came out of Ratcliffe, the bus just kept coming across the lanes, I had to jam on the brakes to avoid collision.

smitho

Seven artics converged on St Eddies this am to take students to aqua activities @ Civic Olympic Pool.

CNG

i was one those many students going their it was much the debarcle.

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on February 24, 2012, 07:05:01 AM

A debacle like your spelling and grammar?

smitho

Quote from: CNG on February 24, 2012, 07:05:01 AM

How was it a debacle?

Merv319

Saw 984 doing a northbound 59 at Westfield today. Never seen this kind of thing.

smitho

Probably the biggest artic love-in for ACTION each year involves the transport of hundreds of St Mary MacKillop College students from the Tuggeranong Southern Cross Club stadium to their two campuses at Waniassa and Isabella Plains.

At a rough guess, I'd estimate that 10 to 12 artics are involved in these charters, which are held at the start of each school year in support of the college's 'opening' Mass.

This year's event was held last Friday morning (24th Feb).

Buzz Killington

I would've thought the largest collection of artics is generally at Raiders matches.

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 28, 2012, 05:03:19 PM
I would've thought the largest collection of artics is generally at Raiders matches.

Many more buses for the Brumbies. Raiders is around 10, Brumbies can be close to 30.

smitho

I'll take your word for it -

CNG

Quote from: smitho on February 24, 2012, 01:54:38 PM
How was it a debacle?
It was very much so, the supers had to come out and everything and to top it all of on the way back home my artic keept droping air, leading us having to suddenly stop in the middle of canberra ave to rebuild it.

CNG

Quote from: belcodriver on February 24, 2012, 10:42:35 AM
A debacle like your spelling and grammar?
sorry two posts in a row, but yeah pretty much however i wan't to be a bus driver not a english teacher so i think i will be ok  ;)

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on February 29, 2012, 07:48:11 AM
It was very much so, the supers had to come out and everything and to top it all of on the way back home my artic keept droping air, leading us having to suddenly stop in the middle of canberra ave to rebuild it.

The attendance of field supervisors doesn't indicate a debacle as they usually attend any big charter pickup. 

Snorzac

I'm pretty sure you have to pass a basic Maths and English test to get a job with ACTION so you might want to work on that.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mayor McCheese on February 29, 2012, 01:08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to pass a basic Maths and English test to get a job with ACTION so you might want to work on that.
Or most places, really.

CNG

Quote from: belcodriver on February 29, 2012, 10:59:35 AM
The attendance of field supervisors doesn't indicate a debacle as they usually attend any big charter pickup.
no i meant the teachers trying to control all the kids and making sure they get on the bus, as some tried walking off to wag etc etc. Also the reason for my bad spelling and that is because i am not really the best typer, yeah i need to look over alot more.