Network 16 (Bus 503)
1 (20%)
490 [insert AOA HERE] (#Domelight Drew)
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 11, 2015, 09:47:45 AM

Bus 503

Hi everyone,

While looking through the "games" board I discovered lots of transport games other than "where is it?"

As the topic suggests, this game is called "the AOA game."

What you have to do is: with the photos posted below, use whatever computer application you need and design your own AOA advertising what ever you like, on one of the buses below. (You can submit more if you please.)

Voting for the best one will start next month mid August...

So, here are the buses you can design your AOA on:

Good luck ;)
P.s if I am breaking any rules in posting this topic please tell me so I know what game topics I can post.

Buzz Killington

Not breaking any rules, happy for you to run this.

But, I'd suggest using photos in which the bus is level as a base, to make things a bit easier.

Bus 503

To revive this thread, I will,

A, submit two other photos for people to use where the bus is at base
B, submit my own entry

Another extra:

And now my entry - Bus 503 in an AOA for network 16.

Bus 503

C'mon people, we need to have more entries! We've only had..... Oh, that's right, only one entry so far (and that was from me!) surely the pics aren't that hard to get an AOA on!  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Buzz Killington

the bar's been set pretty high already - maybe others feel they can't compete?

Bus 503

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 13, 2015, 10:15:55 PM
the bar's been set pretty high already - maybe others feel they can't compete?

Or they can enter and try and set the bar higher?

I'll add a pole when a sufficient number of entries have been submitted.

The Love Guru

Hopefully your pole will give the support required [emoji14]

Bus 503

Okay people...  I'm getting a bit repetitive in saying that we need more entries... That's why you've got until the 31 AUGUST 2015 to submit your entries, that's the final submission date, no joke! ;)

Snorzac

Dude, seriously......this thread has been up for a month, if people want to have a go they would have already, suggest looking at some decent side on shots, maybe even try picking one out of the gallery, but yeah, clearly this isn't happening, give up while you're ahead.

Bus 503

Quote from: #Domelight Drew on August 19, 2015, 07:12:47 PM
Dude, seriously......this thread has been up for a month, if people want to have a go they would have already, suggest looking at some decent side on shots, maybe even try picking one out of the gallery, but yeah, clearly this isn't happening, give up while you're ahead.

Okay then, no entries = No fun....

Could the mod(s) please lock topic?

EDIT: seems like we have another entry!! Please DO NOT vote yet.

Snorzac

Photoshop I cannot.... by Zac Mathes, on Flickr

An example attempt, I cannot photoshop at all, but yeah, better picture......You may find that setting an actual theme may get you further as well...

King of Buses

Best AOA award for most accurate description of the vehicle itself goes to you Zac for that one on 490....

I must admit, in all honesty, that livery is better than the one 490 had...hehe

Bus 503

Voting should hopefully be open by today. I can't seem to be able to unlock the poll so it remains locked. Nor can I select the option: Only show the results after the poll has expired. Would it be possible for the mod to unlock poll and set a date to 10 September for closing voting day. Thanks.

EDIT VOTING HAS NOW COMMENCED.

Snorzac

I'd like to thank the four people who voted for 490's amazing AOA, I now declare this game dead and buried, unless of course someone who has decent skill wishes to have a go in the future

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hi, now I know this is really late, I know, I've only been active on this forum for about a week now, so I never really had an opportunity to do this, even though I've wanted to post stuff on these games for years but couldn't, but anyway, I thought I'd share a page of my drawings that I created today, here of my versions of AOA's for all of the above required photos. Now, as I know it's way past the expiry date for the challenge, and the Poll, and I'm fine with this not counting, but I still want to share my art with you guys.

Not sure if this will show or not, but let's see

So what I have is (in case you can't quite see some): E5 with Fossil Fuels livery, Artic with Canberra Milk ad, E5 with previous ACTION livery (makes it look like a PR3  ;D ), PR2 with cigarette add (saying: Cigarettes don't kill, enjoy them aka, troll ad), E6 wih 2 PR2s behind with the old Diesohol Fuel ad (inspired by photo in the gallery with 3 PR2 sitting together), MAN with Floriade and cut-off Nightfest ads, and bus 908 with a livery it never had ;) .

Hope you like them :) :) :) :) :)
I'll just point out though, I suck at drawing Dinosaurs so sorry about that, and the hardest thing I'm always faced with with my drawings is wheels, so some will look odd. Also, I don't mind the angles you have for each bus, it gives me a little more work to do, and it's good practice for vanishing points. Also, these are all 'free-hand', no rulers involved. :)
Someone really likes City West Terminus don't they ;)
...And typical of any computer scanner, the orange came out red  >:(