Jacka 2 Bus Service

Started by L94UBbusfan, August 26, 2024, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L94UBbusfan

With the suburb of Jacka 2 slowly starting construction and residents moving in in the not too distant future, the suburb will need some sort of bus service. There are a few bus stop markings on the road already which is how I have gotten an idea of where the bus will eventually run. I have made 2 proposals for a bus service through Jacka, please let me know which one you prefer, and what you would do differently to serve Jacka 2.

Here is a map of roughly where Jacka 2 is

Jacka Proposal 1

25/26 - Route continues down Rouden Coulter Dr from Katherine Avenue, serving the existing Rouden Coulter Drive stop before continuing into Jacka. The route would then continue down Romberg Way in the eastern parts of Taylor, before meeting the current route at Sutherland Crescent. This would better service west Bonner, and finally give the eastern section of Taylor a bus route. The only negative of this reroute is the Margaret Hendry School stop is no longer being serviced.

27 - rerouted to go through the original 25/26 section of Moncrieff. The service would continue along Mirrabei Rd before turning right onto Horse Park Dr, and then right onto Bernard Heinze Ave before meeting its current route. I would also add an extra stop on Horse Park Dr, which would be able to better service the Moncrieff park, and southern parts of Jacka 2. Due to the loss of the Margaret Hendry School stop, this route would have a school diversion to the nearby Taylor schools.

Jacka Proposal 2

29 - new route, follows 25 until Katherine Avenue, where it continues along Horse Park Drive, before turning right onto Mulligans Flat Rd, where it would follow the 19/20 route until Essie Coffey St, where it will continue along Rouden Coulter Dr (which turns into Romberg Way) before going around a loop around Sutherland Crescent and Horse Park Drive before going back towards Gungahlin. This proposal gives Jacka residents access to the Bonner shops, and keeps the Margaret Hendry school bus stop being operated, and well as adding a bus service to the new Agnes Shea High School.

If anyone needs maps or better directions please let me know, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.