"Becoming an ACTION driver" information night

Started by Ed, November 07, 2008, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

http://www.action.act.gov.au/career_opportunity.html

Date: Tuesday 18th November 2008
Venue: Pilgrim House (adjacent to Jolimont Centre)
69 Northbourne Avenue
Canberra City
(Entrance from rear courtyard)
Time: 7pm – 8pm

I'll certainly be there.

Sir Pompously

I won't be there, only because I am not old enough to drive for them at this time. However, you Ed certainly are one of the only youngen's on the board that can, so go for it!

Busnerd

In a years time I should hopefully be attending an information night :P

z80

I'm in Perth and they are still desperate for drivers over here. Hows the driver situation over there?

I guess you guys wouldn't have the same social troubles as we do over here :-)

Irisbus Rider

G'day all that way over in Perth.
ACTION are in a precarious situation at the moment, as they need drivers, but not at this point in time. But in a few months time, when they increase the timetable frequencies, it will literaly be a 'All hands on deck' situation. So if you're willing for a slight employment hiatus, sign up now, if not, go for it in a few months.
Hope that helps.

Bus 400

Are you allowed to attend if you do intend to join in a year or so but are limited by age. As it is only an info night & when I went to a Path Transit (Has Transperth's North Perth Contract) info day, I was allowed every where.

Buzz Killington

TP3000, the information night was LAST tueaday.

Ed, did you end up going?

Bus 400

Nope, but above Sir Pompously was saying that he couldn't go because of his age, but I think he may be misled.

Sir Pompously

Ah no, there is no point in me going because of my age. When it comes around to the time I am eligable for a Heavy Vehicle licence then I will consider it.

z80

haha if ACT 60 cent drivers (believe it or not, a 60 cent driver refers to an old person catching the bus) are anything like WA ones then you'll cop "Are you old enough to drive this bus sunny" all the time if your a young driver.

There was this one old lady who refused to get on my bus because she thought i was to young. Showing her my student card was probably not the best way to convince her of my age but it was the only card I had that didn't have any personal details on, just a photo, name and Year of birth.

Bus 400

Quote from: z80 on December 07, 2008, 11:16:52 PM
haha if ACT 60 cent drivers (believe it or not, a 60 cent driver refers to an old person catching the bus) are anything like WA ones then you'll cop "Are you old enough to drive this bus sunny" all the time if your a young driver.

Our 60 cent driver get on for free.

z80

Oh really? So your 60 cent drivers are called free ride drivers?

Ed

Yeah, I did go to the information night and I have handed my application in, whether ACTION accepts or rejects my application is up to them. No news yet whether I am successful or not. 

Irisbus Rider

Fantastic, and good luck! They should accept it, but typical ACTION will take their sweet time.

Ed

Apparently I'm going to TISC for an ACTION driving assessment on the Wednesday coming up.

Busnerd

Wow, that was surprisingly fast.

Had I got my P's sooner I too could be driving now! But I didn't, so I have 10 more months to wait...

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, definately! All the very best of luck!