Wanted: original desto roll

Started by ferds, August 05, 2012, 01:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferds

Dear ACT Bussers

I'm interested in purchasing an original ACTION desto roll. Does anyone have one they might be willing to sell me?

I'm a Canberra local but currently find myself living overseas. I have a 1957 Canberra Omnibus network map framed in my lounge room and I'd love to have a desto roll to add to it. You can certainly be sure it will go to a good home, be cared for and be on display.

Thanks for your consideration.

--

ferds

Barry Drive

Do you have a specific version in mind? "Original ACTION" suggests 1975-era.

A few have appeared on ebay from time to time: this would be the best (and possibly only) source for a Canberra/ACTION desto roll.

PS: do you have a photo or scan of your 1957 map? I would love to see it.

ferds

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 05, 2012, 11:08:14 AM
Do you have a specific version in mind? "Original ACTION" suggests 1975-era.

I don't have anything specific in mind, really. 1970s or 1980s would be great (as it's from when I grew up), but I'm really not fussy. I'd just like a desto roll from home.  :D

A few have appeared on ebay from time to time: this would be the best (and possibly only) source for a Canberra/ACTION desto roll.

That's a pity. I'll have to keep a closer eye out on ebay. I presume ACTION themselves don't sell old ones? Perhaps if contact them directly?

PS: do you have a photo or scan of your 1957 map? I would love to see it.

I don't have a scan, but the NLA do. It is a copy of a map held there:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/30310593?q=canberra+omnibus&sortby=dateAsc&c=map&versionId=36790785

My copy is framed in glass, so apologies for the dodgy picture that I've attached (full resolution one was too big even at 2.2 meg; hopefully it's enough to get the gist). I believe you can order copies from the NLA. In person, it's really interesting from local history point of view.