Old Routes

Started by Buzz Killington, February 14, 2008, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Doing the Networks for the history section, i've come across some interesting old routes.

I've recently uploaded Network 2000, which includes routes 112, 114 and 115. I dont even remember these routes existing, but it turnes out they were a once a day service from Radford to their respective termini. Presumably, they were numbered in the 100 series as they began just before the interchange and as such could not be numbered as 12/14/15

There's also Route 79 which travelled to the hospice opposite Russell which was deleted and replaced by one of the routes that goes past there (cant think off the top of my head, one of the 30 series..)

Any others/comments?

Irisbus Rider

The 33 now goes to the Hospice.

I'm really intrigued by all those 8* express services to Fyshwick! What a fantastic Idea, I say, and I wonder if it worked.

Bring it back I say, I've seen the 80 pack to capacity in peak hour.

Buzz Killington

lol if they worked, i doubt they would've deleted them

Irisbus Rider

Sir Pompously

I have a brochure on Getting Around Canberra on Public Transport, which has 901 and 904 sightseeing and a map with 901, 904, 511 and 333. It even has a Diagram of a Dart on the cover, which would have been the newest bus at the time. It was effective 3rd Feb 1997.

I have also searched everywhere for old Busbooks, I know I have 95 and 97 somewhere, along with 92 which is no where to be found. However have found some different things amongst like CountryLink Xplorer advertisements, a UTA L7 Decal which is no longer useable, and Pokemon Cards (Gotta Catch em all, Pokemon).

Irisbus Rider

Thats fantastic, thanks for that Todd!!!

Good to see they've brought back at least one of the runs there.

Snorzac

I remember the 411 and the 412 through Page. I think they are both school runs now

Barry Drive

I don't have a copy of route 79 timetable. I suspect that it did not commence with Network 2000 but was added as a stop-gap until the 2002 changes were made which diverted route 33 to Clare Holland House. Can anyone confirm or deny this? (BTW it is Route 9 which now services the hospice.)

Also 411 and 412 were re-numbered from 441 and 442 in Bus Book '96. These routes date back to 1979!

Buzz Killington

Route 79 commenced Monday, 2 April 2001

belcodriver

Quote from: Charles Logan on February 14, 2008, 08:34:29 PM
Doing the Networks for the history section, i've come across some interesting old routes.

I've recently uploaded Network 2000, which includes routes 112, 114 and 115. I dont even remember these routes existing, but it turnes out they were a once a day service from Radford to their respective termini. Presumably, they were numbered in the 100 series as they began just before the interchange and as such could not be numbered as 12/14/15

I did a 12 (IIRC) last year which started at Radford around 320pm or whenever the kids get out of school. There was another driver waiting on Haydon drive with me who was doing one of the others 13/14/15.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: belcodriver on September 05, 2008, 10:09:14 PM
I did a 12 (IIRC) last year which started at Radford around 320pm or whenever the kids get out of school. There was another driver waiting on Haydon drive with me who was doing one of the others 13/14/15.

On an aside, funny that, I went to Radford last year, and usually caught that bus!

Snorzac

Quote from: belcodriver on September 05, 2008, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: Charles Logan on February 14, 2008, 08:34:29 PM

The other one would have being the 14 or 15, the 13 has never had one that started at Radford

Snorzac

Was there ever a route 905 that went to Queanbeyan, take a look at this pic of 872 in the gallery

http://actbus.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3541

Buzz Killington

Nope. You can put any combo of destination and number on the .2 destos if you know how.

xman0444

my main route was the 40 to footy training
i don't konw what it is now partly because im not playing footy anymore

Irisbus Rider

Snorzac

There is about 5 old routes mushed into the 10 I think. Bloody bad that is.

Irisbus Rider

Just the 40 and 41.

But, gosh that 10 is popular.

Snorzac

how about the 42 and the ADFA part of the 33. The Brindibella shit may as well be classed as a route as well

Irisbus Rider

The 40 always went to ADFA. And the 42 only operated on weekends and evenings. The 42 is the 10!