Years in Focus: 2009/2010

Started by Buzz Killington, November 30, 2009, 12:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

A new section of the site, Years in Focus, looks back at particular years and the transport events that occurred in it.

The 2009 In Focus page can be found here. More events will be added to it before the end of the year.

If there's anything of note that has been missed, let us know. I hope you enjoy this new seciton.

Barry Drive

There was some (deleted) discussion about when the Belconnen Busway closed. It was when the 2009 shifts started - 2 February 2009. I have the updated "Left and Rights" to prove it.

Buzz Killington

2010 in Focus is now available on ACT Bus. You'll find it on the homepage.

Barry Drive

There should be some mention of 351's accident.

Buzz Killington

Thanks, must have missed that one. Also added a mention of 982's incident and 946's desto

Buzz Killington

2011 in Focus is now on the website. If we've missed anything please let us know

Barry Drive

A few more:

Disposal of Renaults to Sims in September

Trial of Motorola radio system in June and rollout to all buses commenced November (still not complete)

Google Travel planner (not just Google Maps) - late September

"Transport for Canberra" draft plan released - October

Park & Ride - Lyneham opened, Mawson extended + new bike cage at Lyons

Adelaide Ave/Yarra Glen - bus lane backflip

Kramden

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 08, 2012, 02:03:38 PM
2011 in Focus is now on the website. If we've missed anything please let us know

A superb wrap of 2011 Buzz.  Very well done.  As Charlie Harper would say: "Kudos!"

Perhaps a line in the December sector mentioning that by year's end, 84 new drivers were trained and set loose among the travelling public. Yes I know, a bit of self-interest in that cohort.  However, for a large organisation such as ACTION it's a noteable statistic.

Buzz Killington

Thanks Kramden :)

Will add in the driver recruitment number, it was one I was obviously unaware of

belcodriver

Quote from: Kramden on January 08, 2012, 07:26:12 PM
A superb wrap of 2011 Buzz.  Very well done.  As Charlie Harper would say: "Kudos!"

Perhaps a line in the December sector mentioning that by year's end, 84 new drivers were trained and set loose among the travelling public. Yes I know, a bit of self-interest in that cohort.  However, for a large organisation such as ACTION it's a noteable statistic.

How many are still with ACTION?

belcodriver

Was just looking through the Year in Focus articles and was interested to see that the 1988 said the fleet was 436 strong. About the same as now despite there being 100 000 more people and 20 more suburbs.

Kramden

Quote from: belcodriver on January 09, 2012, 10:43:53 AM
How many are still with ACTION?

I believe 84 is the number of graduates for 2011 however, there were obviously a handfull that didn't go the distance within their respective class.  Speaking for my own class of August, all 10 who started are still with ACTION.  5 at B, 5 at T.  Very neat.

smitho

Was a major apprenticeship recruitment campaign over 2010 as well, including adverts placed in the buses (first time I can recall that being done for workshop apprentices) ...