ex Bus 410 For Sale

Started by Buzz Killington, May 12, 2010, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Refer to this thread: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40085

$1200, located in WA.

Vehicle licensed and drives well. Greg can be contacted at Horizons   West in Perth on (08) 9358 8980. Please only call if you are serious.

A photo from its ACTION days:

CNG

Only $1200, I might think about that, just how would we pick it up because I certainly would not want to come all the way over to WA

Barry Drive

$1200 is the purchase price. Delivery is extra. There's probably three delivery options:

1. Get some Heavy Vehicle drivers to fly to Perth and then drive it back.

2. Get it trucked across.

3. Send it by ship to Sydney and then drive/truck it down.

In any event, it will cost you plenty to get it shipped over.

Irisbus Rider

Another realistic option (possibly the cheapest too, not sure) would be to put it on a freight train in WA and take it as far as Adelaide. As the Nullabor would be the biggest killer if it were to be driven back the whole way, so trainign it for that section is an option. Driving it from Adelaide to Canberra is very realistic, and if lucky, could be done in a day.

Snorzac

Could be done in a day, if you pushed it. You have to remember it is a 30 year old bus so you really can't afford to push it to hard. You would be better off taking it as far as Melbourne one day and then the rest the next, we would need a support car and at least two people with an MR. I do agree with you though taking it to Adelaide is the most realistic option.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, you'd be lucky to do Adelaide-Canberra in a day.

The Adelaide to Canberra route would not factor in Melbourne, rather Hay and Wagga Wagga.

CNG

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on May 20, 2010, 05:18:39 PM
Yeah, you'd be lucky to do Adelaide-Canberra in a day.

The Adelaide to Canberra route would not factor in Melbourne, rather Hay and Wagga Wagga.
I rang up the bus company and hopefully I will get some details sents, but it is still buts and transporting it is the real issue

Snorzac

We are discussing options

CNG

I wa speaking to my parents about me buying the bus and they think its a bit risky getting the bus to Canberra as Iam only 16 and can't drive the bloody thing and transportation costs are a rip off. Howver if I got some help in this area that we would be great and the bus would be housed out at Sutton

Buzz Killington

Discussions are underway and we should have something to report in about a week or so.

CNG

Buzz Killington

A member of this forum will purchase the bus with the intent of restoring it to its former glory.

I'd suggest if you were just after a bus that you can muck around with, then a NSW based operator would be a better option for you to purchase from as the transport costs would be severely reduced. There are a number of ex-ACTION buses around NSW which would be nearing retirement - Deanes, Busabout etc.

Snorzac

If you want a bus to muck around in try getting an STA Mk IV merc when they come out of service, they will be pretty cheap

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 20, 2010, 08:51:20 PM
A member of this forum will purchase the bus with the intent of restoring it to its former glory.

I'd suggest if you were just after a bus that you can muck around with, then a NSW based operator would be a better option for you to purchase from as the transport costs would be severely reduced. There are a number of ex-ACTION buses around NSW which would be nearing retirement - Deanes, Busabout etc.
Okay well I have got in contact with Gregg and he will post some details on to me which I will send to you

CNG

I think I will go with option of contacting a NSW bassed operator, however I would really like to help.

Buzz Killington

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Once we have made contact and sorted the details we will be advising the members here of what help is required.

CNG

Gregg is hopefully going to send some interior photos in the next few days would you like me to send them to you

Buzz Killington

By email? That would be great if you could. website@actbus.net

CNG

looks like the photos are not going to be sent :(