lukeo25

Cover

Inside Cover

Page 1

Pages 2/3

Pages 4/5

Pages 6/7

Buzz Killington

wow, quite a find indeed! thanks very much for sharing, Luke.

lukeo25

I will scan 6 pages a day, then i will post them on the forum

p_stampy

Good stuff. As I said last night in chat, I had no idea that phone numbers used to only have 5 numbers!

Barry Drive

Looks like even in 1968 their proof reading wasn't up to scratch. Route 2 should be Red Hill (Goyder St), Dalrymple St, Sprent St ... Route 3 should be Matina St, Kootara Cres, Warramoo Cr, Tallara Parkway, Sturt Ave. Looks like they are skipping insignificant streets, or maybe streets with no bus stops in them.

BTW, 13th Street is now Tarana St. Does this make Narrabundah Terminus the oldest operational terminus in Canberra?

Quote from: p_stampy on June 15, 2010, 06:36:55 AM
Good stuff. As I said last night in chat, I had no idea that phone numbers used to only have 5 numbers!
That phone number went on to become 95 0251.

Irisbus Rider

Not to mention the 'Hacket terminus' in the route 2/25.

A brilliant find, lukeo25, very nice work there!

CNG

yeah that is really interesting read, that would be an excellent addition to the sites history thread in the gallery

Buzz Killington

Quote from: CNG on June 15, 2010, 09:46:22 PM
yeah that is really interesting read, that would be an excellent addition to the sites history thread in the gallery

It would be.

On a related note, I added those images to the History Gallery at around 8pm last night.

CNG

good on you buzz, as I said they will make good additions to the site, also many thanks to lukeo25 for his time and effort in gaining those. Great work mate :)

oldwornoutactiondriver

1968 was the year that I started at high school, and started catching buses to go to high school . I remember that timetable book and there was another book for the Woden Valley routes which came out around March 1968.  From memory, the oldest bus at the beginning of 1968 was ZIB 026 but that was not the lowest number. ZIB 015 was the lowest numbered bus, a freighter lawton bodied leyland. BTW ZIB 015 finished it's days in Townsville along side other freighter lawton buses of the same body. This ex Canberra bus was the only one in Townsville with a rear door.