Busnerd and Renault Rider Present: Hissy Fits! Episode 12

Started by Busnerd, April 09, 2008, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

And we all know belco buses are the ones involved in serious accidents..

320, 703, 914. irrefutable evidence!

Irisbus Rider

Busnerd

..probably being operated by a belco driver filling in at tugg..speeding on unfamiliar runs..

Busnerd

Well 153 and 797, two separate drivers..the 38 was one of those runs, and whatever 153 was doing, would've been a belco driver filling in at tugg.

Irisbus Rider

The 153 was doing a 62, wasn't it? It was still on the desto from memory.

And anyway, 320 wasn't quite the drivers fault.....

Busnerd

Didn't say it was, but it was a Belconnen bus involved, with a Belconnen Asian who crashed into us..see, Belconnen is used to wide lanes on its outer suburban roads, and yet they have more accidents per capita than any other ACT area resident.

Irisbus Rider

They do? Wow, I've learnt something new *rolly eyes*

Get some stats to back that up, now back on the topic please.....

Busnerd

well according to an nrma survey in 07.

62% of all act road accidents were caused by northside drivers..maybe cause they live closer to sydney they drive worse..

Irisbus Rider

Sydney drivers are actually better than Canberra drivers.....

May I see this NRMA survey? Curious, thats all........

Sir Pompously

NRMA, they are NSW Biased. If the RACQ Did one I am sure it would be Queensland Biased :P

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Busnerd on April 09, 2008, 09:29:08 PM
The survey was on paper john..
Ah, ok then. I'll just haver to take your word that Northside drivers are involved in more fatalities than southside drivers, a difference of 24% in fact......

Sir Pompously

And I don't seem to work out how Sydney Drivers are better than Canberran Drivers. I am sure the fully doof doof sick boys from da west drive the best in Australia..........

Irisbus Rider

Well, Sydney drivers can deal with all types (or at least most) of conditions on the roads, whereas Canberra drivers are used to their wide lanes and light traffic loads. There is a major difference between the two.....

Busnerd

Doesnt mean we are worse drivers..

Sydney drivers would be bad drivers if they came here with wide lanes and no traffic by that logic.

I am a good driver in canberra and I have driven both cars and buses in sydney perfectly fine thankyou very much.

Irisbus Rider

Generally though, and according to a recent survey, Canberra drivers are the worst in the nation, and Sydney weren't the best, but they are still better than Canberra drivers.

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2005/05/06/1361386.htm
Quote from: ABC News"And it would appear that the sheer density of the traffic and the driving task which is obviously fairly demanding in Sydney may well be something that a lot of ACT drivers aren't particularly accustomed to or comfortable with."

Oh, this was a while ago, possibly 2007....

Need I say it again, we're extremely off topic.....

Busnerd

Well obviously...

its like taking a fish out of a fishbowl and putting it in the ocean, i mean come on..

Bus 400

ACT drivers are apparently the worse as they are known for doing 10k's over the limit. Yet per a capita, they are the best drivers. WA Drivers are the worst.

O305

Quote from: Busnerd on April 09, 2008, 09:15:46 PM
well according to an nrma survey in 07.

62% of all act road accidents were caused by northside drivers..maybe cause they live closer to sydney they drive worse..
What % of drivers live on the northside vs the southside? I always thought south has the highest population.