Question: Photo of the Month - August
Option 1: 654 - Alpen Street
Option 2: 145 - London Circuit
Option 3: 571 - London Circuit
Option 4: 653 - College Street
Option 5: 425 - Cohen St Bus Stn
Option 6: 7555MO & 553 - College Street
Option 7: 656 - Rimmer Street
Option 8: 652 - Interior
Option 9: 540 - Gungahlin Place
Submissions are open for Photo of the Month (August). And here's the rules:
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
- two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
- photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
- photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
- submitted photographs must prominently feature:
- public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
- a bus or tram from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
- the vehicle is in focus
- the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
- photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions/) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four
ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ACTBus) (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @actbusspotter (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
*This month we are seeking photos of Buses 642 - 671 or 711
. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640]
instead of [img]
Submissions close midnight 27 July
, Australian Eastern standard Time.
Voting will commence on 28 July. Voting will close on 1 August.
BUS-654 (Scania K320UB with Volgren Optimus body) is seen on Alpen Street in Spence on a route 15 service
BUS-145 (Dennis Dart SLF with Wright Crusader body) is seen on the route 101 City Loop service on London Cct
BUS-571 (Scania K320UB with Custom CB80 body) is seen on London Cct on a route 182 service
653 travels along College St on S/R 686 on its first day in service.
425 lays over at Cohen Street Bus Station.
7555MO and 553 travel along College St.
Bus 656 has a brief rest on Rimmer Street
Interior of Bus 652
Bus 540 at Gungahlin Interchange in its new AOA [9 July 2018]
Voting closes tonight. But we currently have a tie, so if you are yet to vote please do so. And if you didn't use all 3 votes, maybe consider adding to your vote.