Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: Trams 003 & 011 - Northbourne Av
Option 2: 203-037 & Bus 111 - Alinga St
Option 3: Bus 540 - Rudd St
Option 4: Bus 542 - Bernard Heinze Av
Option 5: Bus 641 - Douglas Waterhouse Dr
Option 6: Bus 319 - Corlette Cr
Option 7: Tram 004 - Hibberson St
Option 8: Bus 371 - Woden Bus Stn
Submissions are open for Photo of the Month (May 2019). And here's the rules:
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of AOA Buses (where photo was taken in 2019). If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus or tram from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ACTBus)(and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @actbusspotter (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 26 April, Australian Eastern standard time.
Voting will commence on 27 April. Voting will close 30 April/1 May.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net (http://www.actbus.net/) website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
Transport Canberra/CMET 003 and 011 (CAF Urbos 100 3rd Generation) are seen passing on Northbourne Avenue at Swinden Street
Transport Canberra 203 037 (MACK Ultraliner tow truck) and BUS-111 (Renault PR100.3 with Austral Denning body) are seen with a number of support vehicles during a peak hour break down in the City Bus Interchange
And with much regret I post a BCC AOA to meet the bonus criteria 😑
Transport Canberra BUS-540 (Scania K320UB with Custom CB80 body) is seen diverting via Rudd Street in Canberra City
542 operates a 953 along Bernard Heinze Avenue, Moncrieff.
641 operates S/R 570 along Douglas Waterhouse Drive, Dunlop.
319 operates a 64 to Woden along Corlette Crescent, Monash.
Tram 004 on Hibberson St - heading towards Alinga Street
Bus 371 laying over at Woden
Voting is now open.