Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: Bus 603 - Chapman Terminus
Option 2: Bus 135/Tram 010 - Flemington Road
Option 3: Bus 464 - Comrie St
Option 4: Tram 005 - Hibberson St
Submissions are open for Photo of the Month (June 2019). And here's the rules:
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of "something new"#. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus or tram from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ACTBus)(and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @actbusspotter (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 27 May, Australian Eastern standard time.
Voting will commence on 28 May. Voting will close 31 May/1 June.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net (http://www.actbus.net/) website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
# "something new" from Network 19 - such as a new route number, newly serviced street or new signage.
603 lays over at Chapman Terminus prior to operating an R7 to the City.
Just a couple of trams on Flemington Road... nothing exciting. (BUS135 and LRV010)
464 operates an R5 to City West through Erindale Bus Station.
Q City Transit 8402MO (Volvo B7RLE with Volgren Optimus body) is seen bound for Civic on a service from Queanbeyan
Transport Canberra BUS-575 (Scania K320UB with Custom CB80 body) is seen on London Cct on a R7 service to City West at the Legislative Assembly. The Ethos statue located at the assembly was the first public artwork in Canberra.
Transport Canberra/CMET 005 (CAF Urbos 100 3rd Generation) is seen leading the first public service from Gungahlin to Alinga Street (Canberra City)
Since it's 28 May, voting is now open.
As was always likely, we have a tie. If you haven't voted please do so today. Just don't make it worse.
Don't think it's happened before: there's a four-way tie.
24 hour vote off starts now.