Recent posts

Route Designs / Re: Tourist Route
Last post by narc855 - August 08, 2022, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: triumph on August 06, 2022, 11:06:36 PMthe Botanic Gardens, the Arboretum, and the Zoo
Indeed it's a good idea to cover these areas, however, at first we need to make sure at least we have enough drivers to cover the current timetable.
I highly doubt that we can have tourist routes at weekends if weekend services continue to be voluntary.
The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - August 07, 2022, 06:47:21 PM
I think I've probably used the wheelchair ramps on the buses more times the past year than any wheelchair person has. Now that I've stopped using taxis, I have to continue doing my shopping but with the bus home - quite often the trolley filled with my monthly supply of groceries is too heavy to lift from the kerb, hence ramp use.

636 (71S)
568 (79S)
632 (71N) - ramp usage
Route Designs / Re: Tourist Route
Last post by triumph - August 06, 2022, 11:06:36 PM
Heartily agree that TC Network should take in major destinations for tourists. It is a shame, and likely discriminatory too, that those reliant on public transport are excluded, to name a few places, from the Botanic Gardens, the Arboretum, and the Zoo. All places previously served.

Yes there other costly ways which may be even more convenient but only if the budget is not restricted. Cost is a particular impact on pensioners and others of limited cash means. TC, furthermore, seems to think it is ok just to hike it to the Gardens, but for many older /physically limited or family with young children folk this is simply impractical.

As to whether a Poncho is suitable is debatable. Getting every one belted up at each stop is problematic, and peak service needs probably exceeds Poncho capacity (I have experienced a completely full service on a former tourist route. Though more often found it lightly patronised. A discouragement being the infrequent intervals and one way circular routes - designed to fail.)

So while chrystal ball gazing. What about 3 or four times per day service each way via Tharwa, Tidbinbilla attractions, and Cotter... between Lanyon and , say, Woden ??? 
Route Designs / Tourist Route
Last post by vnguyen - August 06, 2022, 12:30:54 PM
If Transport Canberra purchase another Hino Poncho. Could it be used as the former tourist route 81?
General Discussion / Re: Date test
Last post by Buzz Killington - August 06, 2022, 11:08:11 AM
It seems to have happened during the upgrade.

The forum timezone is set to AEST. If you adjust your personal settings (I can't seem to force them across everyone's profile), it should resolve the issue. Click on your name in the top left, then 'look and layout'

General Discussion / Re: Date test
Last post by Stan butler - August 06, 2022, 09:48:32 AM
Just as I thought.  The timings are wrong.

This can be fixed either via the config file for this forum board, or on the cPanel config section.  My initial thought is in the forum config and to specify the time zone being Sydney time zone - instead of system time (which is where the server would be based).  Besides setting the time zone, there may also be another setting to use the Sydney time zone instead of the server time zone.
General Discussion / Date test
Last post by Stan butler - August 06, 2022, 09:44:18 AM
This msg is being written on 9.43am Saturday morning.  Let's see what time the forums say it is being posted....
Fleet / Re: Bus procurement after 2020
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - August 05, 2022, 11:10:53 PM
Nuuuu! Leave the Renault's alone, they've suffered long enough!!!
Fleet / Re: Bus procurement after 2020
Last post by Barry Drive - August 05, 2022, 11:11:54 AM
Quote from: Barry Drive on June 14, 2022, 05:11:44 PMIt's now June. Six months until all non-(wheelchair) accessible buses are legally required to be withdrawn.
It's now August. Four months to go and no sign of a contract nor anything resembling a new bus.

Any chance of replacing all Renaults by December is now non-existent. (Prove me wrong.) Although some may still be able to be replaced.

So we now have to consider what options are available:

(1) seek an exemption from the disability requirements (is that even possible?);

(2) reduce the peak network such that it can operate with only the available low floor buses;

(3) similar to 2, but design shifts so as to use Renaults on school services only, since dedicated school buses are exempt from the DDA targets; or

(4) lease second-hand / stock / demonstrator buses on a short term (12-24 month) basis.
Photo of the Month / Re: August 2022 - voting under...
Last post by Barry Drive - August 04, 2022, 11:30:58 AM
Voting now open. Despite what it shows above, voting will close on Sunday afternoon (7 Aug).