January 17, 2022, 09:56:57 PM

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Playground / Re: Game: Street Names
Last post by triumph - Today at 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: King of Buses on Today at 08:30:53 PMDon't agree bi-directional loop routes should be treated as two separate routes. In the same way there's a "set" or "pair" of stops, they're a "paired" set of routes and should be considered the same as a in/out route from A to B because they service the same places.

So, to see if others agree: Grenfell Ave, Taylor.
Agreed, but that is not what was determined - separate routes, separate stops. Definitional problems again, what is a route? A route has a route number - different number, different route. This is a strict interpretation and no different to the strictness applied in dealing with the name for former William Slim Drive.
Last post by Snorzac - Today at 09:04:55 PM
Mobourne Street, Bonner
Last post by narc855 - Today at 08:37:40 PM
Don't think it makes any sense to be treated as two separate routes neither.
Henry Williams St, Bonner
Last post by King of Buses - Today at 08:30:53 PM
Quote from: triumph on Today at 08:03:42 AMAlso, given that a number of routes particularly in Gungahlin and Tuggeranong are different route numbers in reverse (clock/anticlock) directions, all other submissions will now need to be checked for compliance and for anyone caught up (like I was) by thus being in the position of making successive submissions. Might be easier to just revert to the geographical standard

Don't agree bi-directional loop routes should be treated as two separate routes. In the same way there's a "set" or "pair" of stops, they're a "paired" set of routes and should be considered the same as a in/out route from A to B because they service the same places.

So, to see if others agree: Grenfell Ave, Taylor.
Last post by Barry Drive - Today at 03:01:42 PM
Curran Drive. (I even checked before posting this time.)
Last post by Northside - Today at 01:21:09 PM
Sydney Ave Barton/Forrest (842)
Last post by Snorzac - Today at 12:10:05 PM
Handbury Way, Forde
Last post by triumph - Today at 08:21:27 AM
Whitrod Avenue, Casey. (Route 28)
Last post by triumph - Today at 08:03:42 AM
Quote from: Barry Drive on Yesterday at 05:16:48 PMWhile I'm here: after further consideration of what constitutes a "set" of bus stops, the answer Johnson Dr is now ruled invalid since each stop serves different routes and are therefore two stops rather than a set. No penalty.

On this basis, now that a 'set' is ruled as being the same route number as well as being geographical, I withdraw my previous submission 'State Circle'.

Also, given that a number of routes particularly in Gungahlin and Tuggeranong are different route numbers in reverse (clock/anticlock) directions, all other submissions will now need to be checked for compliance and for anyone caught up (like I was) by thus being in the position of making successive submissions. Might be easier to just revert to the geographical standard.

Last post by Northside - Yesterday at 11:10:37 PM
Quote from: Northside on January 15, 2022, 11:22:14 PMWilliam Slim Dr (but not for long)

❌ this is an invalid answer. William Slim Drive does not exist.

Well, you learn something new every day.

MacArthur Av, O'Connor
Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10