Bus Stops for Adelaide Ave?

Started by Buzz Killington, May 03, 2011, 08:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Announced in today's budget:

Quote$200,000 to conduct a feasibility study to establish bus stops including passenger information on Adelaide Avenue.

What do people think? Good for those who would like to get on/off the bus along the road, but on the flip side, what kind of delays would it add to the Blue Rapid services?

The Love Guru

Only good if the build an island platform in the middle with a crossover, similar to the M2 in Sydney. If buses have to leave the bus lane and travel down the off ramp to service the stops then it is a complete waste of time.

Bus 400

It all depends on what the plan is? If it is what the proposal set out for Yarralumla Brickworks, that could work, but no more. If a limited stop service was introduced along the Blue Rapid route, with it stopping at say (Kippax-)Belconnen-(Proposed City West-)City-Woden-Tuggeranong(-Erindale). Route 333 could become this route & run it similarly to Red Rapid as in 07:00 to 19:00 every 10 minutes. Route 300 could then run the same route, but stop at every stop,the service frequency could be every 5 minutes in peak hour & every 10 minutes in off peak. After 19:00, the frequency could extend to every 15 minutes & then die down to every 30 minutes until 00:00.
More stops could be added to the 333.

But at the moment, it can feel like all you are doing is stopping & starting along Athllon Drive anytime of the day & if ACTION/TfC want to get more bums on seats, this feeling has to diminish.

Barry Drive

The budget papers refer to this project as "Freeway bus stops on ... Transit Lane". So they would have to be in the median. Unless there is new development (such as at the Curtin horse paddock - technically Yarra Glen) I can't see where there is much need for any stops other than near Hopetoun Circuit.

Sir

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 03, 2011, 08:45:49 PM
Announced in today's budget:

What do people think? Good for those who would like to get on/off the bus along the road, but on the flip side, what kind of delays would it add to the Blue Rapid services?

I got a better idea, let's update my stop. I'm thinking sofa's and TV screens. Maybe a mini-fridge and a butler or two?