New ACTION Model: Bus 371

Started by Buzz Killington, August 01, 2008, 06:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Found this on eBay. $49.00 plus $11 postage. Looks pretty awesome.

New Tooling
ACTION / Scania L94UB CB60 CNG Bus
aubus 1001 Canberra ACTION Bus

Creative Master Northcord Limited in cooperation with TransitGraphics Pty Ltd (Australia) is proud to announce the release of the long awaited first Australian modern day casting of the newly tooled ACTION / Scania L94UB model, aubus 1001. It is carrying the new clean and green environmentally friendly ACTION bus livery.

ACTION is the Government provider of public bus services in the Australian Capital Territory (Canberra).  Since 2004 ACTION has introduced Scania L94UB rigid buses to its fleet. The buses are powered by Compressed Natural Gas engines, have super low floors and are fitted with climate control air-conditioning.

During 2005 ACTION?s new fleet of buses were retrofitted with bike racks to enable two bikes to be carried at the front of the bus using a fold down carrier.

The buses were built in Sydney by Custom Coaches using the well proven CB60 body. Custom Coaches is a totally Australian owned and operated company for over 50 years.

The model replicates the ever popular body style and shape produced by Custom Coaches and this particular model is being released in a special Limited Edition box with a prototypical working fold down bike rack and two small miniature bikes, just like in real life.

The replica model is 100% correct, just like the real vehicles with their bright green, orange and white livery, stickers, badges and logos.  The model features the new ACTION corporate logo that was launched in June 2008.  Bus 371 represents this bus running on the busy route 300 between Tuggeranong and Belconnen Bus Interchanges.

aubus 1001 features excellent detailing, inside and out. The model shows the correct portrayal of the ceiling handrails and ceiling to floor handpoles. In addition to the SuTrack roof mounted air-conditioning pod the model includes a roof mounted CNG gas tank pod.

The aubus 1001 model is limited to 1700 pieces for worldwide distribution. They will be distributed by Transit Graphics (Australia), John Ayrey Die-Casts Limited (UK), Porte Publishing Company (Japan), cnmycar.com (P.R. China) and Concorde Hobby Shop (HK) respectively.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CMNL-AUBUS1001-ACTION-Scania-L94UB-CB60-CNG-Bus_W0QQitemZ330256317137QQihZ014QQcategoryZ153407QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

More photos: http://www.worldwidemodelbuses.fotopic.net/c1071261.html
On the official site: http://www.worldwidemodelbuses.com/CMNL.htm#aub1001

Also available from TransitGraphics Canberra: http://www.transitgraphics.com.au/creative_master/index.html

Snorzac

Barry Drive

Don't waste your money on postage - get one directly from Transit Graphics in Dickson. By the way - there is at least one error on the model.

Bus 400

A well a group order has been organised for us Perth people & we get it almost $10 cheaper. I noticed that it has the new ACTION logo & the seats look different.

bubzie

eh. I'll stick to my paper version of it that i got for free from the careers market :D

Busnerd

There is three mistakes at least, the seats dont count as you cant possibly make tiny mcconnel seats.

1. No LED Desto
2. New Logos Used
3. Rear Tail Lights Aren't LED
4. Panel behind the driver is the old style from the Euro3 Scanias
5. One of my mirrors fell off :(

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, you see, it's not just me and the mirrors :P

More deficiencies, the line between the bottom of the bus and the bottom of the window line (panel joint) is not there, it looks strange as a complete single panel between the windows and the bottom of the bus. There are many others, I'll think of them later......

Irisbus Rider

Oh yeah, no emergency exit foot holds.

Barry Drive

The error I first noticed is the driver's mirror is mounted high whereas 371 has had it moved down.

A few other errors:
1. Emergency door release button on both sides at the front (underneath side indicator)
2. Front door lock not shown
3. Ticket validator not there
4. Gas release valves not on pod
5. Gas delivery pipe not on top of bus

Busnerd

Here's a photo for comparisKEN

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

Barry Drive

That photo is out-of-date due to the position of the driver's side mirror. Are there any side or rear photos available. I'm not sure that the Custom Coaches badges are correct on the model (particularly on the back).

Busnerd

Sir Pompously

The new ACTION logo will be incorrect, as the old large logo is being replced by a Mini Logo (in the centre on the Scanias, to the right when facing the bus on the Irisbuses) and the rear logo is now the large ACTION Going Your Way logo on the engine hatchy cover thingy like the MAN's.