Bus route trivia #2

Started by Barry Drive, September 23, 2009, 05:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Instead of Where Is It (since I don't have any photos ready), I present another version of Bus route trivia:

Most of the time catching a bus to an interchange is fairly straight-forward, but on certain streets or at certain stops you have a choice of either side of the road to catch a bus to the same interchange. This trivia challenge is to list all the streets or stops where this is possible, subject to these rules:

• Weekday only (a weekend version can be done later)
  • Excludes Xpresso, School Services and Community Routes (70 series)
  • To count as a service towards an interchange, for full loop services (such as 21/22) only half of the route counts as towards the interchange, for partial loop services (such as 39) the route counts as towards the interchange once the one-way loop commences (e.g. after Watson Shops for route 39).

To start this off, there is a stop at Chulculba Cres, Giralang where you can catch route 30 from either side of the road to get to either City or Belconnen interchange.

There are at least 4 more in Belconnen, 2 in North Canberra, 1 in Gungahlin and a few more elsewhere.

Buzz Killington

Kambah - O'Halloran Cct

There's two stops on each side between Vansittart Cres and Kambah High.

On the Kambah High side, you can get the 62 to Woden or the 60 to Tuggeranong
On the Caltex Side, you can get the 60 to Woden or the 62 to Tuggeranong.

Irisbus Rider

Ginninderra Dr at Dunlop (the stop closest to the Florey Dr roundabout), you can catch a 43 and 45 to Belconnen Bus Stations from both sides of the road.

Again, the 43, on Southern Cross Dr, eastbound travels to Belconnen, whilst the 44 travels to Belconnen westbound down Southern Cross Dr.

Another local run of mine, the 45 on Alpen St travels eastbound to Belconnen, and the 315/15 heads westbound down Alpen St to Belconnen.

And, the last one I can remember, Tillyard Dr, the 314/14 heads southbound to Belconnen, and the 45 goes northbound down Tillyard Dr......

That's all I can think of in Belconnen.

In Gungahlin, Mirrabei Dr with the 51/52 going  northbound down Mirrabei to Belconnen, whilst the 59 goes southbound down Mirrabei Dr to Belconnen (only applies to the one stop at the beginning of the dan wall).

That's all I've got!

Barry Drive

Irisbus Rider, you got the one I knew of in Gungahlin and two of them from Belconnen but there are two more in that region of Belconnen which you missed as well as four others in the Belconnen region. (Hint - two are similar to route 30)

lukeo25

i think this one but i'm not sure, calwell shops, you can catch an 11/111 to woden/civic and 11/111 to tuggeranong or am i  mistaken

Bus 400

Does Dalley Crescent LATHAM count? You can catch the 16 to Belconnen before & after the loop around Macrossan Crescent?

lukeo25

Is southlands (not athllon dr) , by the mawson club and video 2000

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on September 24, 2009, 11:14:16 AM
i think this one but i'm not sure, calwell shops, you can catch an 11/111 to woden/civic and 11/111 to tuggeranong or am i  mistaken
And the 67 to Tuggeranong. But it is a single stop not a stop on each side of the road. Try looking elsewhere on route 11/111 and you should find one.

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 24, 2009, 12:04:44 PM
Does Dalley Crescent LATHAM count? You can catch the 16 to Belconnen before & after the loop around Macrossan Crescent?
Yes it counts. There is one more similar to this somewhere else in Belconnen.

Quote from: lukeo25 on September 24, 2009, 01:09:30 PM
Is southlands (not athllon dr) , by the mawson club and video 2000
For Southlands and Wilkins St, route 21 qualifies as being 'towards the Interchange' under the halfway rule. The halfway mark of Routes 23 and 24 is in Farrer (based on time), so route 24 is the inbound route. In which case Southlands doesn't count.

bubzie

Chippindale cct, theodore, near the terminus.

You can catch the 11/111 to ..whatever interchange, and if you miss it, it'll come back again!

Irisbus Rider

In Narrabundah, there the 4 travels from Narrabundah Terminus to the City, it goes the opposite way to the 5 travelling, also, to the City.

One I spotted on the map last night!

Bus 400

*Burrinjuck Crescent HOLDER-Either side catch a 25 or a 28 to Woden
*Streeton Drive CHAPMAN-Either side 26/27 to Woden
*Tillyard Drive FRASER-You can catch a 14 either before or after the Fraser East loop.
*Charnwood Shops-13/43/45 to Belconnen on both sides of the road
*Further up Southern Cross Drive-Either side a 13/16 to Belconnen

Do these 2 count?
*Melrose Drive PHILLIP-Either a long trip on a 21 on 1 side or a short trip on a 22/61/64 on the other side.
*Yamba Drive GARRAN-Either a short trip on a 5/6/21/23/66/67 or a long trip on a 22/24 on the Hospital side.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 27, 2009, 12:40:25 AM
*Tillyard Drive FRASER-You can catch a 14 either before or after the Fraser East loop.

Do these 2 count?
*Melrose Drive PHILLIP-Either a long trip on a 21 on 1 side or a short trip on a 22/61/64 on the other side.
*Yamba Drive GARRAN-Either a short trip on a 5/6/21/23/66/67 or a long trip on a 22/24 on the Hospital side.

Prett sure you can't count the 13/43/45 at Charnwood shops as its only the 45 that goes from the opposite side but is the start of a loop service which were excluded from the rules.

There is another i have thought of which is at Ipswitch Street, Fyshwick. The 80 passes the same stops on both sides of the road on its loop section of the run.

particleman

Gungahlin - Amy Ackman, Forde, 59

Barry Drive

Do these 2 count?
In order: Yes, Yes, Yes, No (not at Charnwood Shops - refer to rule about loop services, Yes; No and No - refer to rule about loop services ('long trips' don't count).

Quote from: particleman on September 27, 2009, 11:38:17 AM
Gungahlin - Amy Ackman, Forde, 59
Which makes 2 for Gungahlin.

Bus 400

Hindmarsh Drive SWINGER HILL, one side you take the 3/80/88 to Woden via Southern Cross Club or the 21 via Canberra Hospital/College

Barry Drive

Here's the full list:

GUNGAHLIN
Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 23, 2009, 07:42:05 PMMirrabei Dr with the 51/52 going northbound down Mirrabei to Belconnen, whilst the 59 goes southbound down Mirrabei Dr to Belconnen (only applies to the one stop at the beginning of the dam wall).

Quote from: particleman on September 27, 2009, 11:38:17 AM
Amy Ackman St, Forde, 59

BELCONNEN
Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 23, 2009, 07:42:05 PM
Ginninderra Dr at Dunlop (the stop closest to the Florey Dr roundabout), you can catch a 43 and 45 to Belconnen Bus Stations from both sides of the road.

Again, the 43, on Southern Cross Dr, eastbound travels to Belconnen, whilst the 44 travels to Belconnen westbound down Southern Cross Dr.

Another local run of mine, the 45 on Alpen St travels eastbound to Belconnen, and the 315/15 heads westbound down Alpen St to Belconnen.

And, the last one I can remember, Tillyard Dr, the 314/14 heads southbound to Belconnen, and the 45 goes northbound down Tillyard Dr......

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 24, 2009, 12:04:44 PM
Dalley Crescent LATHAM. You can catch the 16 to Belconnen before & after the loop around Macrossan Crescent.

Also:
* Lhotsky St (excluding Charnwood Shops) and 1 stop in Kerrigan St - 45 to Belconnen on one side, 13 to Belconnen on the other side;
* Florey Dr - 1 stop between Ginninderra Dr and Handcock Cres - 43 to Belconnen on one side, 13 to Belconnen on the other side; and
* Higgins Shops (routes 17 and 44).

NORTH CANBERRA
* Ellenborough St (one stop) - route 6 to City on one side, routes 30/31 on the other;
* Mouat St (two stops) - route 6 to City on one side, routes 7/30/31 on the other;
* Antill St (one stop) - route 7 to City on one side, routes 6/8/39 on the other;
* Wattle St (two stops) - route 6 to City on one side, route 8 on the other;
* Milne Bay Rd (two stops) - route 10 to City on side, route 9 on the other.

SOUTH CANBERRA
Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 25, 2009, 12:19:06 PM
In Narrabundah, there the 4 travels from Narrabundah Terminus to the City, it goes the opposite way to the 5 travelling, also, to the City.

Quote from: Chris_Guru on September 27, 2009, 11:28:36 AM
Ipswich Street, Fyshwick. The 80 passes the same stops on both sides of the road on its loop section of the run.

WODEN / WESTON CREEK

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 28, 2009, 10:55:53 PM
Hindmarsh Drive SWINGER HILL, one side you take the 3/80/88 to Woden via Southern Cross Club or the 21 via Canberra Hospital/College

TUGGERANONG
Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 23, 2009, 06:04:55 PM
Kambah - O'Halloran Cct

There's two stops on each side between Vansittart Cres and Kambah High.

On the Kambah High side, you can get the 62 to Woden or the 60 to Tuggeranong
On the Caltex Side, you can get the 60 to Woden or the 62 to Tuggeranong.

Quote from: bubzie on September 24, 2009, 08:40:00 PM
Chippindall cct, Theodore, near the terminus.

You can catch the 11/111 to ..whatever interchange, and if you miss it, it'll come back again!