Current Terminii Usage

Started by Buzz Killington, January 09, 2009, 08:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

I've been doing small updates to the History section the past few days, and was we need to update the list of Terminii to reflect the current usage of each location (i.e. which are currently in use as a terminus, which are not in use at all, and which ones are just used as stops)

If anyone would like to look at the list, that'd be great
http://actbus.net/History/infrastructure.html

edit: and if anyone has photos of the ones we are missing..

Bus 400

Are you counting those ones that are only being used for the weekend servies that we be going soon?

As I have fixed up the table...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Buzz Killington

yeah, counting the ones that are for weekend use - who knows how long we'll have the weekend services for?

thanks for that!

lukeo25

spence terminus (behind bottle shop), from the december 16th busepedition

Bus 400

I have uploaded a few pictures of the old Pearce Terminus at: http://photobucket.com/ACTION

belcodriver

smitho

Lanyon Market Place Terminus is one that isn't in your list...

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on January 28, 2009, 09:28:25 AM
Lanyon Market Place Terminus is one that isn't in your list...

It has ben put down as Box Hill Avenue CONDER

Busnerd

Which is Sidney Nolan St I thinks

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busnerd on January 28, 2009, 06:46:30 PM
Which is Sidney Nolan St I thinks
Sidney Nolan St is the drop-off point, but the routes commence from Box Hill Av. So which one counts?

There's some more errors which could be fixed. Causeway should be considered 'Bus Stop', Farrer is used for 720, Gungahlin now has two terminii in use Hibberson St (outside Marketplace) and Hibberson/Kate Crace - and also two layovers, Kaleen is not in use, Mitchell (cemetery) is not in use, Narrabundah is in use. Can Theodore be considered as a 'bus stop', when many similar former terminii are not?

Buzz Killington

I counted Box Hill over Sidney Nolan because the buses tend to layover there more often since they filled in the ol' dirt patch they used to use on Sidney Nolan.

I'll fix those other errors up, thanks Martin.

smitho

Another terminus to add to the list is Fairbairn.......

smitho

And another one (now out of use by ACTION) is Oaks Estate....that big shelter not far from Queanbeyan Railway Station

lukeo25

did chifley ever have a terminus?

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on January 30, 2009, 10:44:42 PM
did chifley ever have a terminus?
Yes. It is down the bottom of Eggleston Cres, corner of Charteris Cres. It went out of use late 60's/early 70's.

lukeo25

so that what layover looking that is i try to take a pic of it as it is only 10 min away from my house!!!

Barry Drive

Quote from: Martin on February 02, 2009, 10:51:35 AM
Yes. It is down the bottom of Eggleston Cres, corner of Charteris Cres. It went out of use late 60's/early 70's.
So now we know: it was in 1968 that the Chifley terminus stopped being used.