TransdevTSL new 2 door Scanias

Started by ScaniaDriver, October 20, 2009, 04:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

The first bunch of 2 door Scania K230UB growth buses have arrived at TransdevTSL last Friday 16th October. Fleet numbers 122, 123, 124, 125 and 126. 126 is still in all white livery besides the front.

Also, posted is the Iveco in service and number 120, which now has sign writing advertising the Euro5 emission standards that it and 121 also have.

The sun was setting and was extremely strong so it was hard to get a properly exposed photo.

Buzz Killington

The last photo is superb! Stands out very well and the livery is rather striking!

Busnerd

I love the two door, I wish it had those bumper LED lights like the CDC units though, but still looks great.

Sir Pompously

I believe they are referred to as Day Lights. And yes, they do look good on a Volgren! Is it only CDC that have optioned for them?

Nice photos!

Barry Drive

So TransdevTSL don't know the difference between Euro V and Euro 5 either!

:wall:

Are 120 onwards all Euro V? If so, doesn't that make them K240UB, not K230?

Busnerd

We're not starting this again. It is a euro 5.

Don't make us start a euro 5 bitching forum....what about sta's euro 5 volvo's are they not euro 5's either?

ScaniaDriver

Thanks for the comments. So far, 122 and 125 are in TransdevTSL colours, 124 and 126 are all white and 123 I don't know yet. I'll find out Monday when I do rail.

Irisbus Rider

Love the photos, and good to see so many friendly TSL drivers!

It will be interesting to see whether or not TSL show interest in IVECO, which apparently has a single letdown, the dash, which is a shame.

Again, very nice photos, thanks for posting them here!

Quote from: Martin on October 21, 2009, 01:55:38 PM
Are 120 onwards all Euro V? If so, doesn't that make them K240UB, not K230?
I was under this impression too, until I got a copy of the Bus Directory 2009 at the NSW Bus show, which states Euro V models are:
- K230UB
- K280UB
- K320UB

Not sure why the K230UB didn't become a K240UB.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MaxiZac on October 21, 2009, 03:03:05 PM
We're not starting this again. It is a euro 5.

Don't make us start a euro 5 bitching forum....what about sta's euro 5 volvo's are they not euro 5's either?
No, it's Euro V - Euro 5 is for cars, Euro V is for heavy vehicles. If STA calls their Volvos Euro 5, then they are also wrong. End of discussion.

Busnerd

Well some of us are happy living in the world of wrong.

The state transit authority of NSW, employing thousands of employees and having a fleet of thousands of buses, plus TransdevTSL, ACTION, and about another 10 bus companies and myself are all wrong...but we are happy to be wrong, we will all embrace the number 5 instead of the number V *testify*

ScaniaDriver

Isn't it like saying MkII or Mk2?

Anyway, 124 and 126 are both in TransdevTSL colours now. 126 was out on rail last night. There is a notice in the drivers room about using the rear door - referring to buses 122 to 129 so the next 3 should arrive soon. There will also be a further 2 deliveries in the original spec (ie 1 door).

I looked at 126 yesterday. The seats in Scanias are comfy in general but these are even more comfy!! It has a million little settings, with heaps of buttons. You can move it vertically quite a big amount. You can release all the air and it drops so you can jump out of the seat easily without hitting the steering wheel. It also has a proper seat belt covering your chest, unlike the older style seat belts which covers the stomach. Apart from the rear door, it also has a digital clock for the passengers, located next to the authority card holder. It still had the brand new smell in it.

Here is a shot of 124 while it was all white:

Irisbus Rider

Ha, it looks so plain without the 'horns'.

So, what exactly have TSL said about the rear doors, are you allowed to use them?

ScaniaDriver

The rule is (for the low floor Scanias only) that you can use them except at Olympic Park, on school runs or when children are on normal route service and want to alight. For older buses with two doors, you're not allowed to use the rear door.

Irisbus Rider

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for that info. That seems more or less as per normal for a private operator in Sydney.

Simes

Quote from: Martin on October 22, 2009, 02:19:21 PM
No, it's Euro V - Euro 5 is for cars, Euro V is for heavy vehicles. If STA calls their Volvos Euro 5, then they are also wrong. End of discussion.
I saw a light truck in my street today with euro 4 badging - from memory it was an Isuzu

ScaniaDriver

127, 128 and 129 are now also here. So there's 8 two doors.

Simes

The extra doors should come in very handy next north shore rail shutdown (probably do as well on nightride also)

ScaniaDriver

There are plans to change some, if not all, of the Nightride buses from L94UB Scanias (fleet numbers 99 and below) to K94UB's (100 to 111). They thought about using some 2 door ones as well (122 to 129) but that's a loss of 4 seats so it won't happen.

Norbert

PoweredByCNG

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on October 21, 2009, 10:24:14 PM
Not sure why the K230UB didn't become a K240UB.

Because Scania decided to leave the power rating of the base-model DC9 engine at 230hp, simple!