PR 3 Kneel and Speed Limiters and Redex

Started by smitho, December 01, 2009, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

A few questions:-

I noticed 126 working a northbound 300 Link out of Tuggeranong today with the driver in the process of raising it from the kneel position - I had thought that the Kneel function had been disabled on the PR3s a few years back - apparently not entirely. Does anyone know what the current state of play is?

Also curious to know when speed limiters were first applied to ACTION buses....

I had 397 on Redex yesterday and 401 today - took a while to get used to the grunty diesel growl which makes them a bit noisier than their gas cousins at lower speeds, but they're very smooth and quiet at higher speeds and terrific performers at tackling uphill grades.

Buzz Killington

I think that the first vehicles to have their speed electronically limited were the PR100.3's.

Not sure about the kneeling ex PR100.3a's but I'd say Martin or Chris may be able to answer that.

I agree with the Diesel MANs.. A bit of a grunt to get started but they are very smooth and very quiet when they're doing 80 k's!

Snorzac

the PR3as had their ramps disconnected but the kneeling and step-less entry remains.

smitho

Quote from: Lemon on December 02, 2009, 07:06:48 AM
the PR3as had their ramps disconnected but the kneeling and step-less entry remains.
Thanks Lemon - I'll have to look into that ....although I very rarely get a PR3.

Snorzac

that is only 126-131 so unless you do a belco shift and get one your chances of driving one are low. The are some of the best PR3s, 130 sounds horrible but it really goes.