General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

I walked past the tuggranong depot today and the MAN  was in the workshops without the gaspod gathering dust. Does anyone know when it will hit the road?

Snorzac

The buses ACTION put on some runs are stupid. Today for example after school I was waiting for a 17 at Hawker and a packed 996 turned up not stopping to pick up, the next bus 20 minutes later was a packed dart which after hawker couldn't pick up the next on was an empty 929. It would make more sense to have a .2/3 or even an Iris on the second run and the dart on the 3rd which comes 4 minutes later. It' pretty obvious that none of the people at ACTION or atleast the people that assign the buses have no common sense.

bubzie

the 4:25-11-from-woden gets an artic..which it definatly doesnt need.

..must come from a school run, me thinks :)

lukeo25

i saw bubzie 2day but she didn't see me or did she

bubzie

i saw you, you were near my locker..s.

lukeo25

sitting on my laptop i was reading garfield comic strips

Busnerd

Quote from: macca on July 28, 2008, 07:15:29 PM
The buses ACTION put on some runs are stupid. Today for example after school I was waiting for a 17 at Hawker and a packed 996 turned up not stopping to pick up, the next bus 20 minutes later was a packed dart which after hawker couldn't pick up the next on was an empty 929. It would make more sense to have a .2/3 or even an Iris on the second run and the dart on the 3rd which comes 4 minutes later. It' pretty obvious that none of the people at ACTION or atleast the people that assign the buses have no common sense.

They dont assing buses based on every exact run, its not like they will take a .2 all day then swap for an artic for that service because its full. You will usually have one bus all day or one bus in the AM and one in the PM and they are assigned depending on patronage, or other services they do, such as the old 34 they used to put on scanias and the rest of the shift would have a scania, it may have even had a stupid run like a 73 on it for example.

All you can do is send in feedback forms asking them to review the service and they might add on an extra school days only short running service as they have done in the past for overcrowding.

Snorzac

What is with the Tennis Court at the Tuggronong depot? Is it ever used?

Busnerd

Would you be out there in winter?

Buzz Killington

unless i missed it, how long as woden interchange been green?

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

shows how often i go past there!

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Charles Logan on August 09, 2008, 01:38:28 PM
shows how often i go past there!

Same. Noticed it just yesterday.

bubzie

i swear, it hasnt been green for that long!!

..and they were repainting stuff yesterday there. i got a headache from the fumes..gah.

Sir Pompously

Has been green for a while. It is alot nicer than Belconnen, toned down alot.

CanberraTransport

I quite like the look of both Belconnen and Woden's green.

Snorzac

Belconnen is ugly has hell. it's an eye sore.

CanberraTransport

The overall Belconnen Interchange is an eyesore, but the green makes it look better if anything.

Snorzac

I don't know why they bothered painting it as it is being demolished next year

Snorzac

Does anyone know which buses are doing the raiders games today, i would like to get a ride on a make 1 artic but from belco my chances are slim.

Buzz Killington

its usually the majority of artics. if you want a Mk1 though, get yourself to City Interchange and you'll most likely get one from there - most of the ones heading from tuggers through woden and city are Mk1's.

Snorzac

If I'm getting a MK1 artic I'll get a bloody Scania to Tuggronong thanks. The Tuggronong-Woden-City-Raiders are normally standinding room only after woden

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busnerd on July 29, 2008, 10:36:06 PM
They dont assign buses based on every exact run, its not like they will take a .2 all day then swap for an artic for that service because its full. You will usually have one bus all day or one bus in the AM and one in the PM.
There are some shifts that do require a change of bus for a single run. I've seen shifts that start with a standard bus then changes to an artic for an Xpresso then changes back to a standard bus after the meal break. I've also seen shifts that keep the artic after the Xpresso service to do a regular route service before going back to the depot.

Snorzac

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on August 10, 2008, 10:50:12 AM
If I'm getting a MK1 artic I'll get a bloody Scania to Tuggronong thanks. The Tuggronong-Woden-City-Raiders are normally standinding room only after woden

I ended up getting it from woden.
I got 711 to the game and on the way back I went to belco i got 988

Snorzac

Anyone know when they will take the rest of the full-back add for the fyshwick markets off the back of 823

Irisbus Rider

No. All in due time.

The more important question, does it matter?

Buzz Killington

Considering the Fyshwick Markets AOA was on 695 for a good seventeen years, I dont think they will take it off until it has to (i.e. back panel replacement, rear window replacement, new fyshwick markets ads)

Snorzac

Some idiot managed to run inot the mirror of a scania today. he cried on the ground for 10 mins after

Also is it normal for 752 and 754 to be doing route services as yesterday i saw 754 doing a 31 and about 20min ago i saw 752 doing a 17.

Buzz Killington

Yeah, 752 and 754 do route services from time to time

Snorzac

ok. I have never really seen them do route services before. i think i may have seen 754 picking up passengers near my house after a dart broke down once but that's it

belcodriver

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on August 13, 2008, 05:45:38 PM
ok. I have never really seen them do route services before. i think i may have seen 754 picking up passengers near my house after a dart broke down once but that's it

I've driven 754 a few times when they've been really short of buses but the last time must be at least a year ago.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, it's rare, but it does happen.

Irisbus Rider

How is "Shuttle Bus 2" supposed to get from ADFA to Watson in 5 mins?!
http://www.action.act.gov.au/tertiary_open_day.html
Ha ha, a hoon and a half for sure.

bubzie

now, THIS, i've got to see!

Snorzac

Does anyone know if 129 and 113 are accecible. pretty sure about 129 because it has the wheelchair sign on bit how about 113

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

Well, they were accessible. None of the 100.3a's (Well 126-131 anyway) have their ramps in operation from what I have been told. They are still easy access, but without the ramp.

Snorzac

129 is the only one that has a ramp, i saw it in use after I posted before

Sir Pompously

They all have a ramp, however most are disconnected. And 129 will not have a working ramp for much longer, the way the other 100.3a's have gone.

Snorzac

why have they disconnected them anyway

belcodriver

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on August 27, 2008, 09:18:33 PM
why have they disconnected them anyway

they apparently had a tendency to get stuck in the out position which then required a visit from the breakdown van. i guess now they have the Irises and Scanias it wasn't worth the bother anymore.

Busnerd

Mainly due to the fact they believe they are unsafe..they are being permanently removed.

Action is still well above the DDA targets.

Snorzac

why don't they put the flip ramps onto them then????????

Irisbus Rider

The way the entryt is designed makes it difficult, i.e. the curved/sloping entry.

Snorzac

that males sense. they weren't realy designed for low floor were they

Busnerd

They aren't meant to be low floors, they are low floor entry with wheelchair areas, they werent meant to be low floor, but wheelchair accesible.

Buzz Killington

noticed a new ad on the right of 962 today.. think the advertising position is "zeus" -its the same style as that purple one fo the weirdo pay tv channel. Its white and orange. Wasnt close enough to see what it was for.

Snorzac

I noticed that as well. The one on 962 has  being on their for about a week and a half.