Xplorers

Started by O305, April 25, 2008, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O305

How much do people here like CountryLink Xplorers? Do you think they are great and go to Kingston everyday to see them? Do you try to look at Xplorers when you go to Sydney or Lake Macquarie to remind you of home? Or do you hate them?

Discuss.

Bus 400

I much prefer the other XPT trains that run Melb-Syd & Syd-Bris to the Canberra Xplorer. But I would prefer a 3801 Class Steam Engine to anything.

Irisbus Rider

XPLoaders are waaaaaay by their used by date for the Canberra to Sydney service, they belong on services from Campbelltown to Moss Vale.

Having said that, they're not bad to gunzel, and they look ok.....

O305

Where did Toad go...
Quote from: Renault Rider on April 25, 2008, 10:14:56 PM
XPLoaders are waaaaaay by their used by date for the Canberra to Sydney service, they belong on services from Campbelltown to Moss Vale.
Campbelltown to Moss Vale? That would be massive overkill for that run, reclining seats, curtains, buffet, first class, etc for an 80min CityRail service?

Irisbus Rider

Yes.....

Nah, convert them back into the Endeavours.

Sir Pompously

I find them interesting, ugly as sin but interesting. Endeavours are crap though, atleast xplorers have soundproofing unlike the vibrating and loud endeavours with etch marks as far back as 1997.

Posts Edited and removed:

Please keep any personal arguments off the board and save them for you own time if it has nothing to do with the discussion.