Recent Sydney Trips

Started by Irisbus Rider, February 26, 2009, 01:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

Hey hey;

As I usually travel between and Sydney and Canberra so often, I thought I'd pass on a few snapshots of my trips;

First up, 1231, Mercedes Benz O405 CNG with a Citaro fronted CC body operating a 399 to the City on Oxford St. Naaaaah, now don't get any ideas :P

New to Forest, Bustech MDi? seen at the Macquarie Centre prior to operating a service. I attempted to chase it down another day, but instead, some crappy B7R turned up. Naturally, I trashed it, later to find out, that B7R was a one of a kind demo, and I should have caught it. Pfft, me on a B7? Unlikely!

Shorelink PMC bodied Mercedes Benz O305 (46) seen at Brooklyn (Hawkesbury River) after operating a service from Hornsby to Brooklyn. This resulted in a 50 min wait at the station for a train back to the City. It was worth it though, I mean, the scenery was nice.

An Ansair "Orana" bodied Scania L113TRBL 14.5m 3414 on a L94 is seen here loading passengers at Circular Quay.

Apparently on a rainy day in Sydney, most of the roads grind to a halt. On this rainy day just that happened on the M2, resulting in services being diverted via Epping Station. Here are a few shots from there;

Hillsbus Mercedes O405 with a CC 510 body is seen here on a 642 hammering through the intersection with a bit of body roll.

STA PMC bodied Mercedes Benz O305 3028 is seen here bouncing through the same intersection.

Hillsbus CC Mk88 bodied Volvo B10M MkIII operating a 611.

Busways CC bodied O405 330 is operating a 750 to Mt Druitt (or wherever it goes now). Apparently 330 used to be a good bus.

Now to Granville, where Rail replacement was occuring, Hillsbus CC 510 bodied Mercedes Benz O405 is seen here departing to operate shuttles between Granville and Parramatta. This bus still has the older (much better looking IMO) livery.

And finally, upon returning to Canberra, I took up the chance for some night photography, and here is Greyhound (SB-37-BS) Mills Tui bodied Scania K380IB (833) parked in the City.

Thanks for taking a look at these photos, hope you enjoyed them!
Feedback, good or bad is always welome.

Buzz Killington

some nice shots john. i love the old mercs. Shame all we have here are those few exACTION Deanes.

The O405 looks like its about to tip!  :pop: