CityRail - Tangara refurbishment

Started by geoffrah, May 14, 2010, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffrah

The first new-look Tangara train has undergone a major makeover as part of a new program that will see the entire fleet of more than 400 carriages refreshed to look as good as new.
http://www.nsw.gov.au/projects/major-makeover-tangara-fleet

Buzz Killington

Going off the photos on that site, they'll come up quite nicely!

Sir Pompously

They scrub up very well with the OSCAR poles inside. The new glass is a welcome change aswell, compared to the frosted white you normally see when looking out of a Tangara window! Alot of people thought that they would replace the seats with Millennium style seating, instead they have retained the G Set seating and fabric. I wonder what will be done with the T's, whether they will loose the vinyl seating or if they will get back the state rail fabric they once had. I also notice the lack of destination equipment, a shame they won't atleast trial what is found in Millenniums and OSCARS.

Snorzac

Sir Pompously

Isolated problem for you then, working fine on all three of my computers.

geoffrah

Certainly due a refurb - I have to say that the Tangaras were looking a bit sad the last time I was up in Sydney.

The biggest problem on the Tangaras was the scratchitti on the windows - very hard to get rid of. Not sure how they are tackling that with the refurbishment - new glass type perhaps ?

The older Comeng and Goninan sets have certainly aged a lot better - some of those early sets are now pushing 40 years service (although they all went through a white and blue refurbishment starting in the mid 90's).

Also noticed an increasing amount of scratchitti on ACTION buses of late too.