I cant believe my eyes

Started by Trolleybusracer, March 16, 2010, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trolleybusracer

More recently i have seen a white Renault 100.2 floating around Wellington. Today i had my day off, so i went looking around Wellington for it (although not seing it for 2 weeks), i gave up decided to head up to the Ol swimmin hole Bus tunnel when i hear a strange noise, sounds like a Newlands B7R which dont serve the area so i get my camera ready and Presto! a freshly painted Renault PR 100.2 In ACTION colours! i nearly fainted at the sight! i am catching up withthe owner Tomorrow hopefully "get the gen" he is gonna be contacting ACTION in the next few days to try and sort out stickers for her

Snorzac

:WOW:

Do you know it's former fleet number/could you find out?

Sir Pompously

Damn, I will have to make another visit to the land of the trolleybus to find this gem.

belcodriver

Looks like photoshop to me not least because the driver is wearing an ACTION uniform.

Barry Drive

Not to mention the ACT rego sticker in the window. It's not April yet is it?

CNG

The desto and the number plate look quite fake aswell, I think some one has a little explaining to do

Trolleybusracer

he is wearing a jacket and a vest. not exactly only avaliabe to ACTION drivers, the numberplate is a demo plate, so the last few digits are smaller, and yes its a ACT sticker, it hasnt been removed yet

blackdragon

It looks photoshopped to me too. The tunnel through the driver's window does not look consistent with the border above and beside the bus, the bottom of the sign and above the bumper has also been altered. The shadows on the left side of the bus aren't consistent with that bus being in a tunnel, it looks more like a shadow from bush or tree and the part close to the wall is pixelated diferently to the rest of the picture. The destination also looks like it has been photoshopped out, as does the ACTION logo on the side panel, the pixels look like they have been changed and are smoother than the rest of the pic. The rego sticker is also purple, I don't think ACTION sold any buses in 2009.

I don't really see anyone shipping a bus that size across the tasman, the cost would be about the same as a buying a small pacific nation.

Snorzac

LOL, I think you are right, I have a feeling it is 700 taken on the tour.

Trolleybusracer

Wasnt 700 but it was a artic!

well i had you going for a bit,  :P

Sir Pompously

You got him good. Glad to see the photoshop I got you to do (After your eastrans one) was a partial success. It would be good to see a Renault there, though. Also Blackdragon, NZ has received in the past ex ACTION MAN SL200's (I think even an SG192 or two aswell), along with 0305's from both Canberra and Sydney.

Buzz Killington

584 and 616 both ended up in NZ, and yes there were a number of others.

Trolleybusracer

Actually While were on the topic of ACTION vehicles over here...
did this "do time" at ACTION? this was 1 of 2 different Atrics on trial in Wellington, the other being a RHD Ikarus 280

Barry Drive

Quote from: Trolleybusracer on March 19, 2010, 04:40:56 PM
Actually While were on the topic of ACTION vehicles over here...
did this "do time" at ACTION?
Yes. There is a photo on the RATEC album of C94763 operating a shuttle to Bruce Stadium supposedly in 1976 (despite Bruce Stadium not being open until 1977). While the side is not visible, the front has the same "Superbus" desto.

Also, according to BUS WIKI, 671 (3) was a MAN demonstrator made in 1976 which was eventually purchased by ACTION in 1985. This may have been the same bus.