General Discussion 2010

Started by Barry Drive, January 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

For all the centrelinkers in QBN who needed clarification on what NOT IN SERVICE meant

Bus 400

I wonder what was wrong with the mini bus thing that Canberra tour group use? I ask this as it was being inspected at the Dickson Motor Registry today, the bus must of passed as the bus was driven away (with the front doors wide open).

Busnerd

Could have just been a routine rego check

Snorzac

The Canberra Times have started an advertising campaign, only seen the ad on 959 though

CNG

Has the action bus drivers uniform been changed?, because I think I have seen some drivers wearing dark blue shirts

Bus 400

In the ACT Bus Former Fleet lists, has anyone noticed this bus?

It is Bus 569 under the MAN SL200 fleet numbers 568-584. I was wondering if anyone knows why this bus has a Merc badge?

p_stampy

lukeo25

Writing this as i travel on it, i got on in woden about to put my faresaver 10 and it no validater is there any reason why it does not  but it had its wayfarer. I think this bus might get the new installed to trail it

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 31, 2010, 11:06:28 PM
In the ACT Bus Former Fleet lists, has anyone noticed this bus?

It is Bus 569 under the MAN SL200 fleet numbers 568-584. I was wondering if anyone knows why this bus has a Merc badge?

I think you'll find it is bus 589. As far as I am aware none of the Mercs were ever renumbered. Hard to make out the number plate in that photo.

Barry Drive

A little hard to make out but definitely 589. And definitely an O305. Gallery needs to be fixed to move it to its correct location.

839: yes the validator has been removed. Either it has been removed to be put into a new bus or, more likely, it failed and there are no spares to replace it. It does not in any way indicate that 839 will be a MyWay (TM) trial bus.

lukeo25

Thanks for info, i didn't expect to get a free ride to work this morning 

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MyWay on June 01, 2010, 10:27:07 AM
A little hard to make out but definitely 589. And definitely an O305. Gallery needs to be fixed to move it to its correct location.

Mistakes do happen from time to time.. I'll fix that up.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: CNG on May 31, 2010, 01:41:50 PM
Has the action bus drivers uniform been changed?, because I think I have seen some drivers wearing dark blue shirts
Dark blue is a driver assessor, as I have seen a few wearing it and they have been with trainees.

belcodriver

Quote from: Sir Pompously on June 01, 2010, 06:35:05 PM
Dark blue is a driver assessor, as I have seen a few wearing it and they have been with trainees.

There are four permanent driver trainers who will occasionally drive runs, this will be in a dark blue shirt as this is the only uniform they ever wear. There are also several more occasional trainers who train new drivers as the permanent trainers are too few in number.

CNG

when did tuggers depot stop taking out the standards ( Pr100.2, Pr 100.3 and Darts) on weekends? Also why did they stop putting the s stickers on

Buzz Killington

They stopped a few years ago once they had enough Gassies to cover all of their shifts.

Not sure on the S stickers, one of the drivers may know.

Bus 400

A bit of fun was had around the City Interchange today. This was due to the (proper) resealing of London Circuit near East Row intersection & the bare minimum room given for buses entering/exiting the interchange. Bus 328 was inspected by the inspectors as it hit the median strip & bottomed out with a bit of a bang. Others could just swing out to the left to get out & going by the hand gestures some driver were annoyed by the tight squeeze.

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 02, 2010, 09:10:31 PM
They stopped a few years ago once they had enough Gassies to cover all of their shifts.

Not sure on the S stickers, one of the drivers may know.

No idea. It would be nice to have them back so I'd know if it was worth waving or not :)

smitho

Quote from: CNG on June 02, 2010, 08:55:36 PM
when did tuggers depot stop taking out the standards ( Pr100.2, Pr 100.3 and Darts) on weekends? Also why did they stop putting the s stickers on

Tuggeranong went to all-CNG on weekends around 2006 or early 2007; however we reverted to all-standard buses for one weekend prior to Network 08 coming in. The gassies were taken out of service for a weekend to allow for the completion of updating the destos.

(For a weekor two  before that, there was a transitional arrangement, and we were using route numbers only in the CNG buses).

CNG

could a tuggeranong driver take a standard bus if they wanted to, i.e a senior driver like spencer
on a weekend

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on June 03, 2010, 09:12:32 PM
could a tuggeranong driver take a standard bus if they wanted to, i.e a senior driver like spencer
on a weekend

No. Next stupid question please.

Barry Drive

Quote from: CNG on June 03, 2010, 09:12:32 PM
could a tuggeranong driver take a standard bus if they wanted to, i.e a senior driver like spencer on a weekend
I was sure that I had earlier posted something along the lines of "you MUST take whatever bus type is shown on the shift card", but I can't find it.

So, in answer to this question, you MUST take whatever bus type is shown on the shift card. Unless there are none available and/or the starter gives you permission to take a different bus, which they wouldn't do at Tuggeranong on weekends as all the runs on all their shifts are desiginated as wheelchair accessible.

CNG

Which shifts and routes are generally allocated a Dart?

Irisbus Rider

Darts used to be allocated on certain routes (34, 84), but this is no longer the case, and Darts are used throughout the network, but can still be found on the 3 (replacement for 34).

Usually, they try to put Darts on shifts with routes which have less patronage than others, and this is a mix of many routes.

Perhaps some of the drivers can shed more light on the matter......

Ed

QuoteWhich shifts and routes are generally allocated a Dart?

My shift.

CNG

CNG

Quote from: Ed on June 09, 2010, 12:33:54 PM
My shift.

How come last week you were doing that school bus run in the mornin, where you waved at me going past

Sir Pompously

Keep personal conversations to PM's, please.

Ed

QuoteHow come last week you were doing that school bus run in the mornin, where you waved at me going past

Overtime

CNG

Bus 400

I am curious as to whether anyone heard the Kambah East diversion over the 2-way this morning & how buses were being diverted? I ask as on 106.3, I heard about Marconi Crescent being closed due to a house fire this moring.

smitho

Yeah, that diversion was a non-event - it was cancelled soon after it was announced because Police quickly began letting buses through...

Buzz Killington

Spotted 342 pulled up in the middle of Yarra Glen this arvo just after the end of the southbound bus lane where it merges with a normal traffic lane. There was a 4WD parked right behind it, the ACTION supervisor van and a heap of schoolkids standing on the right of the bus. Not sure what was happening.

Snorzac

There was a call over the radio to cover a school run from Adelaide Ave this afternoon.

Bus 400

It looks like a northside Field Van has had an upgrade, as I spotted one of them driving along Lathlain Street on Sunday with LED flashing light bar. I didn't get a chance for a closer look, but this could mean they have the ability to display messages (as per what the Police light bars have). But it most definately means the Field Supervisors can't be blinded by the flashing orange during night operations.

Irisbus Rider

I received this in the mail on Friday afternoon, a good way to help informing people there will be a price rise coming, as well as an attempt to encourage people to hop on a bus.

Note: Attachment has expired.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

I also received one today, but I would of thought a copy of the current timetable would of gone nicely with the brochure.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 19, 2010, 10:52:28 PM
Intertowns - Rapid?
Someone has confused 'rapid' (–adjective 1. occurring within a short time; happening speedily) with 'frequent' (–adjective 1. happening or occurring at short intervals).

Definitions from dictionary.reference.com

Buzz Killington

Ah, I must have missed the footnote on that.

Sir Pompously

Yes a strange choice of words, am glad they did not say Rapid Xpresso services (They would fit into the convenient category). Am yet to recieve this brochure, but it will certainly be heading straight for my collection of crap in the garage.

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 19, 2010, 10:52:28 PM
Intertowns - Rapid?

LOL!

You should have seen me go down Barry Dr before the roadworks.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 15, 2010, 09:58:25 PM
It looks like a northside Field Van has had an upgrade, as I spotted one of them driving along Lathlain Street on Sunday with LED flashing light bar.

This is what the light bar looks like:

Barry Drive

For some reason, they are putting a new camera warning sticker at the front doors.

p_stampy

Quote from: Sir PompouslyAm yet to receive this brochure

I haven't received it yet either  :-\

CNG

I have noticed that alot of Mk1's have been operating on the intertown, particulary in the morning period and they seem to be mostly from tuggers depot.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on June 26, 2010, 11:17:18 PM
For some reason, they are putting a new camera warning sticker at the front doors.

Wasn't there an article in the staff newsletter saying that these new stickers are using graphics consistent with camera warning signs used elsewhere around the ACT? Apparently the old stickers have non-standard graphics.

Buzz Killington

317 is missing a set of fleet numbers (Above driver's window).. except it looks like dust/dirt has stuck onto the adhesive and so it is still fairly visible.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 16, 2010, 11:02:26 PM
317 is missing a set of fleet numbers (Above driver's window).. except it looks like dust/dirt has stuck onto the adhesive and so it is still fairly visible.

As can be seen here:

CNG

I was interested is bus 354 a right off ?