Recent posts

The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by triumph - Yesterday at 10:40:13 PM
013, 006 (R1)
Routes and Timetables / Network 2023
Last post by Barry Drive - Yesterday at 10:46:28 AM
In conjunction with a temporary Woden Interchange, Chris Steel has announced a new timetable/network will commence from Term 1 2023.

(Full media release here: https://www.cmtedd.act.gov.au/open_government/inform/act_government_media_releases/chris-steel-mla-media-releases/2022/bus-changes-to-support-cit-woden-and-light-rail-works )

Route changes include:
• 31 to loop through Lawson
• better service to Amaroo Shops
• adjustments due to Turner Layover (which presumably means closure of City West station and layover)

Not mentioned in the media release, but included in the budget was making the Whitlam route (47) full time – which I take to mean running a full peak timetable and later than 7pm. But we'll find out once the timetable comes out.
Infrastructure / Re: Infrastructure Discussion
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - October 04, 2022, 08:39:40 PM
The exposed seats at Tuggeranong Interchange have had a new paint job, now flashing a bright yellow - the shelter seats and other repainted framework is still the grey.
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - October 04, 2022, 02:08:55 AM
It's nice to be able to sit on the front seat again.
404 (R4N)
435 (R6E)
Fleet / Re: Bus procurement after 2020
Last post by Barry Drive - October 03, 2022, 11:33:30 AM
Quote from: Barry Drive on February 24, 2022, 12:19:23 PMThe Invitation to Register for the 90 electric buses tender was issued yesterday.

Next step is a Request for Proposal in April with the contract expected to be finalised by September 2022.
It's now October. Not that I expected anything, but there's been no contract published for electric buses.

And we're still waiting for details of the leased buses contract; and the ticket system contract; and the Woden Depot contract.

It's no wonder the minister won't give any commitments to a date for Light Rail extensions – I can't recall any "expected" date being met recently.
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - September 30, 2022, 07:16:52 PM
I've been meaning to but keep forgetting. Havne't been taking all that many photos recently either.
No Renault's other than that one 66 in the afternoon down south during the holidays though, so I won't have anything exciting to post until the school interum network returns.
Last post by triumph - September 29, 2022, 02:07:39 PM
There seems to be little general posting activity of late, with this thread and photos of the month seemingly struggling.
To try and keep something going,I am being assiduous in using this thread, but has no one else got anything to record?
Yesterday
003, 008, 010, 002 (R1)
General Discussion / Re: Taking photos of buses
Last post by Barry Drive - September 29, 2022, 10:23:33 AM
I suspect they were interstate visitors.
Photo of the Month / Re: October 2022 - voting open
Last post by Barry Drive - September 29, 2022, 10:20:29 AM
Can't wait for 6 photos, so voting is now open and closes on 2 October.
General Discussion / Taking photos of buses
Last post by Stan butler - September 28, 2022, 07:51:55 PM
If by any chance, you are one of the guys that is pushing the button at the lights mid way in the Belconnen interchange, and making the buses stop there - just so you can take a photo of a stationary bus, then please stop doing that.