Last post by Stan butler - September 28, 2022, 07:51:55 PM
If by any chance, you are one of the guys that is pushing the button at the lights mid way in the Belconnen interchange, and making the buses stop there - just so you can take a photo of a stationary bus, then please stop doing that.
Today 539 (R3) 558 (57) 607 (57) 704 (R4) 980 (71) Error departing Cooleman Crt, turned left into Namatjira Dr not (corectly) right. Followed rtes 64, 65 (Nmatjira Dr, Conder St, McInnes St) back to Hindmarsh Dr. 430 (R4) Usual Woden departure via Bowes St due works. 721 (R6) 686 (59) 715 (R3)
Last post by Barry Drive - September 19, 2022, 10:29:44 AM
Photo of the Month rules –
● two* photographs may be submitted by each member, provided they have not been submitted before
◦ * This month we are seeking Floriade themed photos. If you submit a photo meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus/tram.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing, and we encourage Covid-safe practices
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or support vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where - ▪ the vehicle is in focus ▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted by replying to this forum topic and attaching the image; to ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height of 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos larger than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
To submit photos from Instagram, you must post a reply with a caption and paste the URL of the Instagram image. Photos not publicly visible cannot be submitted. We will not accept unhosted photos - they must be stored on a photo hosting site (such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook).
Submissions close midnight 26 September, Australian Eastern standard time, unless fewer than 6 photos have been submitted. Voting will commence soon afterwards and will close 30 September.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery, and Facebook and Instagram pages. Note: 1 - Anything Floriade related, as long as it's from this year: the shuttle, Floriade bus ads or even a bus passing by a Floriade sign or flag.