Scania 14.5m Steer Tags

Started by Buzz Killington, November 26, 2009, 10:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Bus 478 arrived at Woden Depot this week.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on March 05, 2011, 07:28:07 PM
Bus 478 arrived at Woden Depot this week.

Hooray! that brings ACTION's Total of #78 buses to 4

King of Buses

Barry Drive

474 looks like it entered service this week from B depot, although l haven't seen it on the road.

smitho

The following steer tags were stabled at the northern end of the Tuggeranong garage this afternoon:-

468, 469, 470, 471 and 475.

Another steer tag was parked down amongst the Renaults...didn't take note of its number.

Snorzac

Most likely 472 which has recently been at Belconnen for repairs. It appeared to have had a mirror pierced through it's RRHS corner.

Bus 400

Buses 480 & 481 shouldn't be too far arriving as both have been spotted in recent photos from the Custom Coaches Adelaide Factory.

These photos can be found in the Adelaide/SA photo section of busaustralia.com/forum page. The posts have been made by member "The Inspector"

King of Buses

Bus 478 is now at Tuggeranong Depot.

Buzz Killington

Was just about to report the same thing. Parked parallel to Athllon between the sheds and workshops.

Bus 400

Bus 480 is parked at Tuggeranong Depot.

Is there any sightings of 479 at Belconnen?

smitho

480 transferred by Tuggy trainers from WTD to Tuggy Depot on Wednesday morning, 28 Sept 11.

Merv319

Spotted 479 in a northbound Intertown yesterday, around 1:30pm at City.

smitho

There was a very newish looking steer tag following me up Athllon Drive this morning...couldn't make out its number.

Would've made a good picture - I had 701 (nearly the oldest in the fleet) followed by one of the newest fleet members.

smitho

480 was being kitted out in the Tuggy Quick Fix area earlier this week; understand it will join the Tuggy steer tag fleet.

Bus 400

Bus 480 spotted in service this morning.
I've recently jumped off 480 & it's engine hours were 76 hours.

smitho

Saw 484 out on the road about a week ago and it appeared to be in revenue service; however it was back in Woden Depot yesterday, numberplate removed and sitting on dash for some reason...

Merv319

I got on Bus 472 doing a route 30 to City this afternoon, departing Belconnen 4:40ish.
Is route 30 authorised for S'tags?

Apparently the shift is operated by a CNG bus normally.

Snorzac

I don't think it is...lol.

471 was reported as having that ominous puddle of transmission fluid under it yesterday, it won't be back for a few weeks

Merv319

Quote from: Metrobus on January 24, 2012, 10:45:27 PM
471 was reported as having that ominous puddle of transmission fluid under it yesterday, it won't be back for a few weeks

471 was on road today, doing a northbound 312 around 3:45pm at Woden.

Merv319

Cpnfirmed 486 in Woden Depot today.

smitho

Have had about 20 hours driving steer tags this week on intertown runs. Confirmed my earlier impressions of them ...Very satisfying driving; ample power; very responsive steering, door controls very effective, terrific AM-FM radios.

Negatives: Crowded cab (or 'cockpit' as they are referred to now), surprisingly noisy from driver's position, frustrating tendency for steering wheel to block-out sight lines to passenger stop lights, fan buttons & portions of the speedometer).

The Love Guru

What about the woeful acceleration off the mark?? They make the MANs seem responsive off the line. Once you get them spooled up the 14.5s go OK, however in a drag up Barry Dr the MAN would almost be out of sight!

smitho

Quote from: Chris_Guru on February 04, 2012, 12:41:15 AM
What about the woeful acceleration off the mark?? They make the MANs seem responsive off the line. Once you get them spooled up the 14.5s go OK, however in a drag up Barry Dr the MAN would almost be out of sight!
Yes, agree on that score. MAN's are hard to beat on that score.

Merv319

Since they only had 3 stags at Woden Depot today, I guess Bus 482 and 483 have gone to their depo(s) and remains 484-486 still at Woden.

Merv319

Today there were only two of stags. One of them should've gone.

Bus 400

Bus 484 was one of the stag's left at Woden, you didn't happen to see the other fleet number did you Merv319?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Fairly safe bet 485 is the one that's gone. Especially since it's now at B depot.

482 looks ready to enter service (as soon as ticketing equipment has been fitted).

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 16, 2012, 07:54:42 PM
you didn't happen to see the other fleet number did you Merv319?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not at all because I just had a quick look when I passed Athllon Dr.

Bus 400

Buses 487 & 488 arrived at Woden Depot this week. Only 1 more to go!

Barry Drive

Based on the low-floor count on the ACTION website, 482 was in service at 29 February. Except it wasn't. It was back in the workshops yesterday, so there's a possibility it will be in service this week.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 16, 2012, 08:04:45 PM
482 looks ready to enter service (as soon as ticketing equipment has been fitted).
One month on and it still hasn't. But maybe next week.

Barry Drive

482 has moved. Could be in service or out on a road test or sent off for repairs. Time will tell.

smitho

Tuggy Stags are currently rostered to do three shifts each weekday....

lukeo25

488 spotted on Haydon Dr on a road test But not in service

CNG

Quote from: smitho on March 24, 2012, 10:34:42 PM
Tuggy Stags are currently rostered to do three shifts each weekday....

Hang but their are way more than three tuggy weekeday shifts that have stags stamped on them, what do u mean?

Buzz Killington

At a guess I'd say he means three separate shifts per bus

Snorzac

There was only three 14.5s at T when the network started, there would more than likely be a very low number of shifts stamped 'STAG', I might be wrong but it is certainly quite possible that this is the case.

Merv319

Quote from: Mayor McCheese on March 27, 2012, 10:43:39 PM
There was only three 14.5s at T when the network started, there would more than likely be a very low number of shifts stamped 'STAG', I might be wrong but it is certainly quite possible that this is the case.

Then let's figure out which shifts they are- I've confirmed shift 105 being STAGed.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 27, 2012, 06:59:04 PM
At a guess I'd say he means three separate shifts per bus

Yes, correct - in other words, each Stag is worked by three separate drivers on weekdays.

ajw373

Are the roadworks that are being done at the Kippax bus stop specifically to make things easier for the 14.5m's? I gather they will come a more common site when the new timetable starts.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 23, 2012, 01:50:07 PM
482 has moved. Could be in service or out on a road test or sent off for repairs. Time will tell.
Wherever it went (if anywhere), 482 is now back! But I will refrain from any speculation about how soon until it enters service.

Barry Drive

482 has been released for service (B depot).

Update: 482 in service tonight on Blue Rapid routes.

Barry Drive

484 (T) & 485 (B) are at their respective depots. So expect them in service next week, maybe.

489 arrived at W this week.

Snorzac

487 is at the back of Belconnen workshops.

Barry Drive

485 & 486 both at B depot with number plates fitted. With 4 at workshops tonight (out of 10 vehicles), perhaps these 2 might see service this week.

Bus 400

Bus 484 was spotted in service on Monday morning by yours truly.

Bus 400

Bus 488 spotted in service this afternoon.

The Love Guru

485 entered service at B depot

Barry Drive

All remaining K320s expected in service for start of Network 12 (or sometime next week anyway). 487 is ready to go on Monday. Not sure about 486 or 489.

Barry Drive

Mayor McCheese has reported seeing 489 in service this week. I've seen 486 & 487.

So that's it - all Scania K320s delivered and in service.