Game: Street Names

Started by Barry Drive, December 23, 2021, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumph

Sorry, Dakota is a Drive, not an Avenue.

Barry Drive

Just a reminder: there is no prize.

Ebden St, Ainslie

Snorzac

Sylvan Loves Buses

I'm surprised no one went for the other option after my first.
There's another in Duntroon/ADFA - General Bridges Drive.

Barry Drive

Toyota Camry

Catalina Dr, Pialligo

This post meets all required criteria; please submit a feedback form on the department's website if you have an issue with it.

❌ did you think that would work? Still an invalid answer - you are now disqualified from this game

Snorzac

vnguyen

McIntyre St, Narrabundah

narc855

Donaldson Street, Braddon

triumph

vnguyen

Jerrabomberra Avenue, Narrabundah

Sylvan Loves Buses

narc855

Assume AIS Arena is an active stop,
Leverrier St, Bruce

triumph

Barry Drive

triumph

narc855

Assume two person are using the "triumph" account.
Wisdom Street, Hughes

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on December 31, 2021, 12:57:56 PMAssume two person are using the "triumph" account.
Wisdom Street, Hughes
No.
Rules said one name per submission, and no consecutive submissions by the same person. Accordingly, I wait till at least one subsequent submission before making another. What I hadn't expected and didn't actually know at the time, was that an 'invalid' submission would not be counted as a submission.... .
At times there have been quite long time gaps between submissions too. Amazing how many submissions have already been made - about 58.
Ok, you have made an apparently valid submission, so now I can make another.
Currong St, Reid

Sylvan Loves Buses

I think in fairness it's how many submissions are made until you can make another, not how long between each there is. I would give at least 3 other users a chance before I post another - even if that meant me losing the game.

Apart from a few questionable answers, I've crossed off all so far to a list I made of one-stop-roads and I will say there's no need to panic, there's still plenty left to choose from. If by having a list counts for me to be disqualified, I'll delete it. My original assumption was way off however, I still see at least 60 or so valid streets.

There are a few I would question; does Callam Street, Phillip count?

⚠️ is that your submission? - yes, that's my submission

✅ It could be argued either way, would need to check the official ACT Map to be certain, but I would regard platforms 5 6 & 7 to NOT be on Callam St, so yes it's valid.

triumph

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 31, 2021, 07:16:36 PMI think in fairness it's how many submissions are made until you can make another, not how long between each there is. I would give at least 3 other users a chance before I post another - even if that meant me losing the game.
I don't see your point. A play (submission) can be made by any competitor when they like except if they made the most recent play. In which case they have to wait for someone else to make a play.
A play does not remove an opportunity for anyone else to compete, (at least while lots more options exist, and when they don't - well that's the essence of the game).
Have a great New Year.

Toyota Camry

[redacted]

❗ Since Toyota Camry cannot follow simple rules, he/she has now been permanently banned from the forum.

Barry Drive

Ginninderra Drive (stop #3434 in Dunlop).

Probably the longest road with a single stop.

Snorzac

Ross Smith Crescent Scullin

narc855

Snorzac

triumph

Sylvan Loves Buses

Sainsbury Street, Wanniassa

triumph

narc855

narc855

A suggestion.
As there are fewer streets avaliable, should we change the rule for next submission to "48hrs after the previous submission or after three submissions".

Sylvan Loves Buses

There's still over 50 to go, I don't think we need that yet.

Yes these will always be my submissions (You can make it invalid if you feel it's not allowed). Another questionable one I have is a school stop that is serviced by a network run. Barnard Circuit - St Francis Xavier College.

invalid answer refer to post #9. Does not apply to school only stops and school diversion stops. No penalty (this time).

narc855

That stop is not "active" under this timetable and it is actually a SSO stop.

For example, there is one R4 depart from Alfred Deakin High School every school afternoon. You won't be allowed to ride it from the school stop although it is NOT a school student only service. You may join from Woden Interchange.

Therefore I am assuming other schools also prevent other people joinging a network run from their school stops.

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on January 05, 2022, 01:12:27 PMThat stop is not "active" under this timetable and it is actually a SSO stop.

For example, there is one R4 depart from Alfred Deakin High School every school afternoon. You won't be allowed to ride it from the school stop although it is NOT a school student only service. You may join from Woden Interchange.

Therefore I am assuming other schools also prevent other people joinging a network run from their school stops.

I have joined a variety of publicly scheduled (as opposed to school student only) from school stops (including those with grounds) with absolutely no issues. Specifically R4 and R5 from Alfred Deakin where the boarding supervisor went out of their way to ensure the students made space. (My view is it is in the published public timetable and therefore is available to the public to use.) I would comment that the public services from Alfred Deakin, unlike most public services from other schools, are very full and boarding denial could well be related to the bus being full.

triumph

Snorzac

Bus 400

Noorooma Street, Isabella Plains

triumph

Snorzac

Barry Drive

triumph

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 05, 2022, 11:01:59 AMinvalid answer refer to post #9. Does not apply to school only stops and school diversion stops. No penalty (this time).

No school stops, gotchya. That clarifies 'Woodcock Drive, Gordon' for me.

narc855

MacKinnon Street, Wanniassa

triumph

Brisbane Ave, Barton

Barry Drive

The first post has been modified to include a list of all correct entries to this point. I'll update it regularly.

Vowels Crescent

Snorzac

King of Buses

narc855

Quote from: Barry Drive on January 08, 2022, 09:57:02 AMThe first post has been modified to include a list of all correct entries to this point. I'll update it regularly.

Vowels Crescent

I can't find it, don't know why the first post I see is "Abena Ave, Crace" by Stan bulter.
My submission: Franklin Street, Manuka (stop 2327, used by 830 service)

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on January 08, 2022, 11:38:38 AMI can't find it, don't know why the first post I see is "Abena Ave, Crace" by Stan bulter.
My submission: Franklin Street, Manuka (stop 2327, used by 830 service)
Go to bottom of your current entries and should see blue 2 or similar highlight. Now highlight the adjacent '1' and go to top to find entry you are looking for. On some computers procedure is similar but start by going to top. Hope that helps.
So we are accepting non-TC serviced stops?

triumph

Barry Drive

Quote from: triumph on January 08, 2022, 12:31:59 PMSo we are accepting non-TC serviced stops?
The rules stated "active bus stops", excluding school stops. No restriction on operators. So, yes.

Roden Cutler Drive, Bonner/Jacka