Visit to Sydney; December 2019 or January 2020.

Started by Toyota Camry, November 10, 2019, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyota Camry

I am considering a visit to the city of Sydney during either December 2019 or January 2020; this will be my first outing from Canberra for some time, aside from trips to Batemans Bay. I am seeking information as to the best means of travel; I made a telephone call to Murrays this morning asking if their bus service will pick me up at Gungahlin Place, however I was advised that it will not.

I am seeking to use a coach service departing from Gungahlin Place to Round Key in Sydney; otherwise if such a service is not available, I will travel to Canberra Airport using Ola and fly. I am unsure if to book a flight on Qantas or Virgin Australia; I am also unsure if Business Class is worthwhile for the flight.

Additionally, I would like to know if MyWay cards are accepted for use on buses in Sydney; if not then I would only considering an additional card if it is free, there is no way that I am giving the neo-liberal LNP regime that runs New South Wales any extra of my money.

Bus 400

You can use your paywave credit/debit card on all public transport sercices.

All coach services leave from the Jolimont Centre & run express to Central Station. For here you can catch either a decent light rail service (by December) or train to Circular Quay.

Alternatively there is a lovely train service from Canberra to Central. Where you can stretch your legs & look at the lovely, state of NSW.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Snorzac

I heard taxi is a fantastic option to get from Canberra to Sydney, cost effective and great for the environment if you get a hybrid taxi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk