Lame Excuse!!!

Started by Snorzac, September 05, 2008, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Yesterday afternoon on my way home I was faced with problems that ACTION could fix, but no they are to lazy to do that.

It all started with the 3:13pm 313 leaving 5min early causing me to miss it. I went into the mall for about 20 min and got back just in time to hear this announcement, "Attention passengers the 313 due to depart at 3:45pm has being canceled due to a break down, the next service due to operate will be at 4:11pm", which would have meant that I would have being waiting for over an hour.

I went to the supervisors office and asked him why they couldn't replace the service and his response was, "we only replace breakdowns." I then said that the announcement just said that it was a breakdown and then he told me that the real reason was the driver (a lady that drives the intertown all day) was sick and they didn't have a driver to drive the service. WHAT BULLSHIT, THEY HAD TO CANCEL HER SERVICES ALL DAY AND DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY TO FIND ANOTHER DRIVER. SHAME ON YOU ACTION, SHAME ON YOU!!! 

Bus 400

Another thing that Transperth does better, the managers drive the buses if they can't find a replacement.

Barry Drive

How do you know they didn't bother to find another driver? If the driver was off sick all day, they try their best to cover all absent drivers. In the case of a last-minute absence again they do try to get other drivers to cover the services but at that time of day every available driver would be busy.

seat cover

Under ACT Accredition all bus companies are supossed to report all services that do not run to TAMS. I would if ACTION does as they hold ACT accreditation

Jack Bauer

They were obviously extremely short on drivers.. harden up mate

Snorzac

well the main thing that pisses me off is that they said that it was a breakdown, but when I went to the supervisors office it wasn't a breakdown (they lied) and the fact that the bus before that left early (that driver has being reported)

Buzz Killington

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on September 05, 2008, 05:20:17 PM
well the main thing that pisses me off is that they said that it was a breakdown, but when I went to the supervisors office it wasn't a breakdown (they lied) and the fact that the bus before that left early (that driver has being reported)

I agree with you on buses leaving early thats pretty dog... but you've got to understand how  things work in the other case. Most people would just cop it on the chin because they dont give a shit, but you who obviously has some idea of the system, and inquired about it, are the only one complaining... IMAGINE if they announced this: "the service has been cancelled due to the driver being sick and we couldnt cover for her, silly us eh" then what would happen!! You're complaining about a little bit of spin that is necessary in this case and in society, not just in the world of buses, because ultimately the public can't handle some blantant truth.

Snorzac

I think the main thing was the bus left early and I had to wait for over an hour for the next bus, I was late for work and lost the money I could have earned.

Buzz Killington

there were no other buses heading in that general direction?

Snorzac

No, if it was off-peak I could have gotten the 73/74 but since it was well after the last 74 no there was none

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on September 05, 2008, 05:47:28 PM
I think the main thing was the bus left early and I had to wait for over an hour for the next bus, I was late for work and lost the money I could have earned.
Oh dear, all those bills you have to pay won't get paid this week. The Rent/Rates, Water, Electricity, Phone, Gas..... Oh, hold on, you don't have to pay them as your folks do.

It happens, yes it is annoying when a bus is cancelled. The whole 'Breakdown' story is easier to dish out as more people accept it then telling everyone a driver was sick. The driver had a 'breakdown' and the service was cancelled, big whoop, wanna fight about it? Do what they did to get over Sydney Harbour. Build a bridge and get over it!

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on September 05, 2008, 06:39:54 AM
Yesterday afternoon on my way home I was faced with problems that ACTION could fix, but no they are to lazy to do that.

It all started with the 3:13pm 313 leaving 5min early causing me to miss it. I went into the mall for about 20 min and got back just in time to hear this announcement, "Attention passengers the 313 due to depart at 3:45pm has being canceled due to a break down, the next service due to operate will be at 4:11pm", which would have meant that I would have being waiting for over an hour.

I went to the supervisors office and asked him why they couldn't replace the service and his response was, "we only replace breakdowns." I then said that the announcement just said that it was a breakdown and then he told me that the real reason was the driver (a lady that drives the intertown all day) was sick and they didn't have a driver to drive the service. WHAT BULLSHIT, THEY HAD TO CANCEL HER SERVICES ALL DAY AND DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY TO FIND ANOTHER DRIVER. SHAME ON YOU ACTION, SHAME ON YOU!!! 
I'm sorry, but get off your fdamn soapbox.

They did try to cover the runs, there were in fact 16 runs that had to be cancelled yesterday due to a drivers shortage. So it happened to hundreds of other people, other than yourself. Stop being so selfish, shit happens, get used to it. 16 runs is a large number, ACTION would have done something, but they physically couldn't. It was impossible. Don't jump to conclusions.

And if passengers hear the bus broke down, they understand. They don't understand when a driver is sick. The supervisors said that intentionally. Stop annoying supervisors, and understand that it's a public bus service.

It's shit when something like this happens, but get used to it son, that life, and thats something you learn quick.

As for the bus leaving early, thats worthy of a complaint. Contact 13 17 10, and they will either make the bus wait for you up the service somewhere, or organise a lift with the supervisor.

To you: WHAT BULLSHIT HAS BEEN SAID IN THIS THREAD, BUS SERVICES GET CANCELLED EVERY SINGLE DAY AND SOMETIMES, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ANOTHER DRIVER. SHAME ON YOU, SHAME ON YOU!!!   

Seriously, no hard feelings, I agree, it feels shithouse when a service doesn't operate, but to have a grand old whinge doesn't help you get over it any quicker. It's ok, and you'd better get used to it happening more frequently. Because, it will!

You should have caught the 43/314/44, or are you too afraid to walk from Belconnen Way/Southern X Dr?

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

I'll try, but no promises.

But seriously, I don't intend to offend, or insult, and I'm genuinelly sorry if I did, thats just what I think.

Snorzac

Well what was different yesterday than any other day, 16 services canceled, it must every single driver call in sick day or was there some sort of industrial action yesterday. Maybe if I had known this in the first place I may not of been so pissed off. If the fist bus hadn't have left early though it wouldn't have been my problem.

Irisbus Rider

Generally, a driver shortage. We're in middle of the flu season, that might explain it a little. But sometimes it just happens, I dunno.

As for the first bus leaving early, that would have been worthy of a visit to the supervisors office. Seriously, next time it happens, complain to someone. Its not good enough on the drivers part.

Snorzac

Already done, I complained to the supervisor as it was the second time in the week. I know it must be going at least 5min early because the ticket machine in my school bus has said 3:10 when we have gotten to the inter and both times we didn't see the bus come out of the inter, so 3min. plus enough time to clear 2 sets of lights would have to be at least 5min if not more. I have made a complaint to the supervisor and to 131710.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on September 05, 2008, 06:39:54 AM

They don't not try because they are too lazy, they obviously tried and had no luck, if there's no drivers then obviously no one can cover the runs.

It all started with the 3:13pm 313 leaving 5min early causing me to miss it.
Fair Enough, Make a Complaint.

Quote"Attention passengers the 313 due to depart at 3:45pm has being canceled due to a break down, the next service due to operate will be at 4:11pm"
Im sure the supervisor made those grammar errors also...

Quotewhich would have meant that I would have being waiting for over an hour.
If you know that bus is always early, maybe be there 10 mins early instead of 5

QuoteBULLSHIT, THEY HAD TO CANCEL HER SERVICES ALL DAY AND DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY TO FIND ANOTHER DRIVER. SHAME ON YOU ACTION, SHAME ON YOU!!! 
Its not a personal limo. service, get over it, you dont see people complaining theres no bread at hawker bakery just because you called in sick and there was no one to cover your shift, SHAME ON YOU HAWKER BAKERY, SHAME ON YOU,

Snorzac

Alright- 1: At the stage I posted they were looking pretty lazy to me
2:I have made 2 complaints
3:which grammar errors
4:I can't my school bus can't go that fast
5: I don't believe I have ever mentioned that I have worked at Hawker Bakery on this forum, where do you get this info from

Sir Pompously

I do believe your photo in the member mugshot post indicates your place of work.

The Love Guru

I can vouch for the fact that there is a bad flu getting around at the moment. I had to have a day off beacuase of it and my Dr then told me i had to have 2 days off. Drivers are not allowed to work if they have been provided with a medical certifcate to say they are unfit.

Next time your bus doesn't arrive, just remember that we are all human and get sick like everyone else. If a sick driver were to come to work and have an accident because his/her reactions were slowed due to illness it could cost someone their life.

Try and see the big picture, there are over 500 driving staff at ACTION and as you can imagine, if a flu gets around on the buses it can effect a lot of drivers at once. We are doing the best that we can!!!! (even not 100% over it, i still came in and covered a lot of extra runs the last few days, we do make an effort!)

Snorzac

Quote from: Sir Pompously on September 06, 2008, 10:51:03 AM
I do believe your photo in the member mugshot post indicates your place of work.

I never thought that it was that readable but it's true
Quote from: Chris_Guru on September 06, 2008, 12:22:32 PM
I can vouch for the fact that there is a bad flu getting around at the moment. I had to have a day off beacuase of it and my Dr then told me i had to have 2 days off. Drivers are not allowed to work if they have been provided with a medical certifcate to say they are unfit.

Next time your bus doesn't arrive, just remember that we are all human and get sick like everyone else. If a sick driver were to come to work and have an accident because his/her reactions were slowed due to illness it could cost someone their life.

Try and see the big picture, there are over 500 driving staff at ACTION and as you can imagine, if a flu gets around on the buses it can effect a lot of drivers at once. We are doing the best that we can!!!! (even not 100% over it, i still came in and covered a lot of extra runs the last few days, we do make an effort!)

I think this is the most sensible post in response simply explaining without swearing their head off thankyou I am accepting that I got more pissed off than I should have but I am still pretty cheesed off about the driver that left early, because as I have said if he hadn't of left early I wouldn't be in this mess.

Jack Bauer

This thread has run its course.

Buzz Killington

and in just over 24 hours...

you're slipping, Bauer.