Bus 508 - Like Canberra Livery

Started by Buzz Killington, November 25, 2012, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Some photos of Bus 508:

Photos courtesy @actbusspotter

The Love Guru

A good example of how AOA shouldn't be done.

belcodriver

Is that an actual ACTION driver on the pic? Never seen the guy before.

Barry Drive

Sir Pompously

Alrighty, so now the pictures are out of the full livery I have to say I am not a fan. It is each to their own, however I feel that a "Like Canberra" campaign should have items on there regarding what we like about Canberra. I am thinking a range of words over the bus that describes Canberra, with all the appropriate logos. It doesn't have to be what has already been submitted through the site, but a collection of words or sentences from the public servants in TAMS for example. The colours to me that form the 100 on the side are ok, but it takes a little time to look at it to realise it says 100 (Maybe smaller, more spread out). The amount of white on the front is wasted space, and the bus I am not really getting why that is on there (a celebratory AOA of buses in Canberra with many liveries I can understand). However unless this is a Like Canberra Campaign bus paid for on behalf of ACTION the bus itself just seems out of place.

Look, kudos to the ACT Government for an AOA. Whilst I am not a fan you cannot win over everybody and it does add something for me to photograph! I do hope there are a range of different 100 AOA's in the works, and that this is not the only one.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sir Pompously on November 26, 2012, 08:48:51 PM
I do hope there are a range of different 100 AOA's in the works, and that this is not the only one.

Well, this is more of a campaign for the Like Canberra website than anything else.

Sir Pompously

Same same, as the like Canberra campaign is apart of the 100 celebrations. Without the 100th birthday coming up there would be no campaign! I am unsure if there will be any other AOA's for the 100th or if this would be the only one released for anything to do with the 100th.

Buzz Killington

Not really the same, it's just one of many programs associated with the Centenary.

Labor promised a Centenary Loop service next year with three Centenary-liveried buses - there's a good chance that will happen.

In any case, 508 is set to have three different 'Like Canberra' AOAs applied to it throughout the course of the campaign. Hopefully the next two are a step up.

Barry Drive

My guess is only the "white" part will change.

Busnerd

All i am hoping for is a yellow blue and white Canberra 100 AOA with a few old timey photos here and there, i think that would look great!

Barry Drive

Quote from: belcodriver on November 25, 2012, 02:44:16 PM
Is that an actual ACTION driver on the pic? Never seen the guy before.
Zoo Advertising have referred to him on Facebook as "our very own Ben Florance". So ignore my earlier statement.

King of Buses

This livery does look a bit, er wierd?
They should probably rename it "Hector the Connector the Rainbow Collector" >:D

Bus 400

Bus 508 has been altered to the "Voting" stage of its AOA.