Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: 930 - National Museum
Option 2: 721 - City Interchange
Option 3: 974 - Cohen Street
Option 4: XA68AD - Parliament Drive
Option 5: 717 - Currong Street
Option 6: 100 - Pro Hart Avenue
Photo of the Month nominations are now open for October.
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of Fuso Rosas [¹]. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or ancillary vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @BarryDrive2601 (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 26 September, Australian Eastern standard time.
Voting will commence on 27 September. Voting will close 1 October.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
¹ Fuso Rosa operating for an accredited bus operator; excludes school & community buses
Gotta Start with a Renault, otherwise why bother...
930 outside the National Museum on 17th September.
From one of the oldest to the newest
721 at the City on 17th September.
A Rosa posing perfectly for me on 18th September at 10:33am. Sorry, didn't catch which one it was. Hopefully someone with a good eye might be able to tell which one it is, I don't pay much attention to these mini-buses.
As to avoid breaching the privacy rule for everyone to see, I have not included the times the top two photos were taken. If you wish to upload these photos I will then disclose the times privately if necessary.
Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2jKY4XD) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 974 is seen on Cohen st after Mondays thunderstorm
Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2jKY4XP) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
Preserved Canberra Transport Museum PR100.3 BUS 108 is seen in front of Parliament House on a maintenance run
717 on Currong Street, Reid.
100 on Pro Hart Avenue, Strathnairn.
Voting is now open.
The unidentified Rosa is excluded from the vote because the registration was not supplied in accordance with the rules.