Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: 494 & 598 at Woden Interchange
Option 2: 696 at Binns Street
Option 3: ex-967 at Narrabundah Terminus
Option 4: Shelter - Miller St
Option 5: Shelter - Cunningham St
Option 6: Shelter - Liversidge St
Photo of the Month nominations are now open for November.
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of Bunker shelters [¹]. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or ancillary vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by DM to @barry_drive on Instagram (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 27 October, Australian Eastern daylight saving time, unless fewer than 6 photos have been submitted.
Voting will commence on 28 October. Voting will close 1 November.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery, and Facebook and Instagram pages.
¹ photo must include a bunker shelter, but doesn't need to include a bus
494, 598 & 213-239 at Woden Interchange under a double rainbow.
696 at the temporary Fraser Terminus on Binns Street.
ex-967 sits the wrong/right way at Narrabundah Terminus.
These were taken as part of my Concrete C#elters project, hadn't done much else with them since so might as well share them here.
Miller and Cockle Streets, O'Connor.
Cunningham Street, Kingston.
Liversidge Street, Acton.
We have 6 photos. Voting is open.
Oh, I won. Thanks!
Thanks everyone for congratulating me on my first ever POTM win, appreciate it!