Royal Canberra Show 2011

Started by Barry Drive, February 20, 2011, 07:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Since the ACTION website has yet to display what (if any) services ACTION are providing to the Show, I thought I'd look at the RNCAS website. Here's what it says. Spot the errors (or if you prefer, spot what's not in error):

ACTION Buses to the Show - What goes when?
Travel to the Show is easy with ACTION.

Please note: Normal fares apply to all bus services to the Show.

Friday 25 February
Normal ACTION route services will operate from Belconnen, Gungahlin and the City to the Show. Check out routes 56 and 58.

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February
On Saturday and Sunday additional Canberra Show special services will operate from all bus interchanges to the Show and return.

• Route 992 departs Platform 8 every hour from 9.00am and travels via Woden and the City Bus Interchanges, then direct to the Show.
• Interchange routes (300 series) operates approximately every 15 minutes to the City Bus Interchange.

• Route 992 and 993 combine to depart Platform 14 every half hour from 9:16am and travel via the City then direct to the Show.
• Interchange routes (300 series) operates approximately every 15 minutes to the City Bus Interchange.

• Route 990 departs platform 15 every hour from 10:06am direct to the Show.
• Routes 56 and 58 depart Platform 9 travel via Gungahlin Suburbs then on to the Show.
• Interchange routes (300 series) operates approximately every 15 minutes from Platform 13 to the City Bus Interchange.

• Routes 991, 992 and 993 combine to depart Platform 8 every 15 minutes from 9:20am direct to the Show.
• Routes 56 and 58 also depart regularly from Platform 8.

Buses leave the Show from 10.00pm after the Fireworks to the City Bus Interchange.

Snorzac

No mention of red rapid! Mention of  Belconnen Interchange...I am sure there are other errors there

p_stampy

Platform 15? ... secret platform?  :P

Buzz Killington

The 300 series doesn't operate on weekends...

For those who are after *accurate* information on how to get the bus to the show, you'll find it here.

Buzz Killington

For the artic spotters, they'll be doing shuttles on the weekend.

Bus 400

It looks like someone from the RNCAS has been informed of the mistakes on the website & these have been fixed.

Snorzac

For those going to the show (or wondering where 433 has gone) ACTION have a display at the show featuring 433.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 24, 2011, 09:52:02 PM
It looks like someone from the RNCAS has been informed of the mistakes on the website & these have been fixed.
The ACT Bus article is still better. The RNCAS website doesn't mention 50, 56, 57, 58 on Friday.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on February 24, 2011, 09:58:35 PM
For those going to the show (or wondering where 433 has gone) ACTION have a display at the show featuring 433.

Saw that, didn't get photos though

Bus 400

Here are a few photos of Bus 433 being used as the MyWay example bus, the MyWay Informant informed me he grabbed this bus before it went into service.

Also can anyone tell me when was the last year ACTION provided the people mover service around the top end of EPIC? I last remember seeing Darts 3-4 years ago, but was surprised to see Keirs mini buses on the loop.