Stop timetables

Started by Aenveigh, March 21, 2011, 08:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenveigh

I got the interesting advice from ACTION last week that they were unable to supply me with a timetable for one of my local stops. Apparently they just don't release them - even though this stop is a major timing point (ie, it's specifically listed in all the individual route timetables anyway).

It's not worth me carrying around 12 route timetables, and the stop timetable is posted in public anyway! So I took a photo of it with my iPhone and now use a photo of the timetable when I'm thinking of leaving the office and need to see what buses might be coming soon.

Does anyone have any idea as to why ACTION would be unable to release this information, or are they just trying to make life harder for their customers?

Bus 400

I know before you were able to request the bus times for your bus stop. All you had to do was quote the stop number on the sheet.

Maxious

Quote from: Bus 400 on March 21, 2011, 08:35:19 PM
I know before you were able to request the bus times for your bus stop. All you had to do was quote the stop number on the sheet.

I should hope so! The sheets at the stop don't use 18pt font like the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport require so instead they must comply by "making the same information available in a range of accessible formats such as on a website or via telephone inquiry." I don't think telling vision impaired people they could zoom in 12 timetables on the website would be in the spirit of the standards :P

Bus 400

The vision impaired can ask for a larger version of their timetable if required, it just gets blown up to a readable size & printed on A3/A4 paper.

Aenveigh

Sounds like it might be worth asking again and hoping I get a different person.
I'm surprised they're not just in a folder somewhere as pdfs - they obviously had to make them to print for the stops anyway.

Buzz Killington

Surely it's just a case of entering a stop number in and the computer does the rest..

On that note - that would be a great feature of a smartphone app. Enter your stop number and the timetable pops up.

Busnerd

I've done that up here in Sydney, found it easier to just take a photo of the stop, at least you get the exact time then. Better yet, once you take the photo just type it up to your own spreadsheet and print it off yourself.

jasp3r

I rang the help line wanting the timetable for the Spence Terminus, the bloke on the line said that request was possible but better if I made it in writing, I also thought that on the bollard stops it says you can ring up and has a number to quote, I could be wrong though

Buzz Killington

Quote from: jasp3r on April 02, 2011, 05:59:20 PMI also thought that on the bollard stops it says you can ring up and has a number to quote, I could be wrong though

You're right. It says something like 'For a copy of this timetable phone 13 17 10'

Bus 400

I finally managed to photograph a bus stop with the said timetables for people who are unsure what we are talking about.

jasp3r

Upon writing to ACTION I was supplied with the requested time table, mind you I had to send another letter to get any response.