Route Updates

Started by Bus 400, July 14, 2009, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Following from complaints about timings by drivers the following runs have been updated from 20/07/09

3-One service fixed up (Canberra Hospital added as timing point on all runs)
4-One service fixed up
25-One service fixed up
61-One service fixed up
73-Complete Change
74-Complete Change
265-One service fixed up
737-One service fixed up
786-One service fixed up (Huge time change)

These changes can be found at http://www.action.act.gov.au/improvements_to_network09.html or by phoning 13 17 10, ACTION Going Your Way. I just had to copy the loud speaker at the interchanges.

Irisbus Rider

Good to see they have fixed up the times on the 73/74, I daresay they could even tighten it a bit more.

BTW, just noticed something on the ACTION website, while looking at Route 73, the Belconnen Timing points are "Australian Tax Office - Lathlain St Station - Belconnen West Terminus".
I'm glad they stuck with Cohen, Lathlain and Cameron!

Buzz Killington

Good lord who is proofreading the ACTION site these days?!

QuoteRoute (Number) is an intermediate change

INTERMEDIATE: being, situated, or acting between two points, stages, things, persons, etc.

QuoteRecent Routes Change

try "Recent Route Changes" instead

QuoteRoute 73 is a completely changed run times

Ugh.

Irisbus Rider

Just look at the new 786 timetable;
Tuggeranong Interchange - Chisholm Shops - Brindabella Business Park - Fairbairn Park
786  6:46 AM                    6:56 AM            7:30 AM                           7:42 AM
786  7:06 AM                    7:16 AM            7:35 AM                           7:47 AM

WTF is wrong with ACTION?! Honestly, this just defies all logic, it's blatant stupidity.

I can completely understand if they're trying to get rid of the 6:46am service, but just do it in a straight-forth manner, instead of doing it like this. It's so damn frustrating!

The Love Guru

It wont work like that in practice John. Bus will leave Chisholm and just run as fast as possible to set down. I would assume they have added the extra time in due to traffic (these changes generally occur after a driver complains about a lack of running time on a particular run).

Irisbus Rider

The earlier service has more time than the later service though, from 6:56-7:30 (34 mins) opposed to 7:16-7:35 (19 mins)! I'd natuarally assume the traffic gets heavier as the morning goes on, opposed to the contrary.

And the other issue here is that passengers use the timetable to know what time they will arrive at their destination (obviously), so if the 6:46 service terminates at 7:20 in reality, no-one will know, as it is printed that it arrives at 7:42, which then misses potential passengers, who assume that bus arrives as per the timetable, at 7:42.

Bus 400

I have been told that on some 786 services, drivers are given too much time. So under the old timetable it states the 07:06 service arrives at Fairbairn Park at 08:02, but in reality it arrives at 07:50. Most likely timing was done before the Airport Road upgrade, where it would take an extra 20 minutes to get around.

Also the earlier service is set as a wheelchair service. Now depending on what bus is assigned to that shift, some gas buses can't go as fast as some Renaults.

Sir Pompously

Even before the road upgrades you were arriving early. The first two services of the morning have way to much time, I have arrived about 15min's earlier than the timetable quite a few times. Take last week for example, travelled on the 786 from Tuggeranong to Brindabella, due to arrive at 7:50. Arrived at 7:35. Anywhere after that time however I can understand the greater travel time, but at that time of the morning it is dead.