Spotted: Actual advertising on a Scania!

Started by Buzz Killington, September 09, 2009, 09:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Just spotted a Scania (337 I believe - smitho would know) with a Dick Smith ad on the rear window.

Maybe this 'Bus Advertising' mob aren't so bad after all!

Bus 400

Well I did spot a Scania on the bricks at Tuggeranong with what looked like an ad, but wasn't sure at the time.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 09, 2009, 09:21:41 AM
Just spotted a Scania (337 I believe - smitho would know) with a Dick Smith ad on the rear window.

Maybe this 'Bus Advertising' mob aren't so bad after all!

I've seen 2 Scania's (not including 337) with the Dick Smith advert on the rear plus a Dart from with the same ad also....I'll check tomorrow if 337 has been done.

Buzz Killington

smitho

Quote from: smitho on September 09, 2009, 10:33:48 PM
I've seen 2 Scania's (not including 337) with the Dick Smith advert on the rear plus a Dart from with the same ad also....I'll check tomorrow if 337 has been done.

Definitely NOT on 337, but I can confirm that 363 has it on rear window...

Bus 400

smitho

Buzz Killington

Ah, I was one number off then!

Spotted another Scania with a rear ad this arvo. Not sure of the fleet number but it had an LED desto.

smitho

Saw another advert on a Scania today (rear window) - for some new rag trade shop in Monaro Mall/Canberra Centre called Maros or Marcs or something similar...

Buzz Killington

It's for 'Marcs'. I was sitting behind 133 in Woden this arvo and it had the ad on the back window.

Bus 400

One Scania is also getting around with some wine company ad (not Kamberra).

The Scania's now getting ads, wouldn't have to do with some time thing recently expired? I don't know what it could be

particleman

I saw an Iris with an ad on the back (didn't see the fleet number) for Brindabella Christian College this afternoon in Civic. Ad was a little small for the back though - full back ads would be easy on these buses, due to the absence of a window

Bus 400

Quite a few Iris's had BBC rear ad's. They seemed to disappear while the ad company changed over though.

Does anyone know the significance of the Bardot ad on some of the PR3's? My own thought is the group called Bardot fit right into the description for a PR3-hunk of junk.

Buzz Killington

particleman

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 18, 2009, 09:49:14 PM
My own thought is the group called Bardot fit right into the description for a PR3-hunk of junk.
What's so wrong about the .3s? They're not so bad... compared to the Darts and Irises

Bus 400

Irises are good for doing what the good City Interchange Clipper does (hands across the doors so no one else is allowed on). But besides the squished driver cabin, I've grown to like them.

Darts are the same, but they don't have the ad.

Busnerd

What the hell is a city interchange clipper?

Buzz Killington

I think he's referring to those people who stand there with the portable validator

Bus 400

Exactly, the new one at Woden calls himself that. Also the portable validator is called "Miss Piggy"

Sir Pompously

As far as I am aware, they are referred to as a 'Clippy'. That is an old Nickname for Conductors as they used to clip tickets.

Busnerd

Yes Todd we already have discussed that in person.

Still, no one calls them a clipper, it's just a guy with a validator on wheels.

Buzz Killington