390 First Service

Started by Snorzac, September 15, 2009, 08:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

This afternoon coming out of work I was greeted with a nice surprise. I found BUS 390 coming down Cohen street starting out on a route 319 which is in fact this buses first revenue service. I boarded the bus at Lathlain st and caught it to the city where I took the following pictures.

First up the bus is seen picking up pax in the city.

A B&W shot from the middle of the road.

Heading down London Cct

and last of all stopped at traffic lights on London Cct from the rear.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Lemon on September 15, 2009, 08:20:27 PM
I boarded the bus at Lathlain st where I took the following pictures.

Doesn't look much like Lathlain! Nice pix though.

Snorzac

LOL! Just shows my concentration levels today...

Bus 400

As you approached each stop did that internal screen change the stop name?

Snorzac

At this stage the stop display has only being programmed for the 267, 312, 314 and 318. It was displaying ACT municipal services stuff and fare prices.

Irisbus Rider

I'm surprised it went out so quickly, glad to see it did though.

Nice Scoop!

Snorzac

It was actually the driver that took it too and from the launch. Apparently it took a lot of convincing to let her take it.

Busnerd

Snorzac

Busnerd

Snorzac

well it is a bit hard to get interior shots when there are people standing right down the bus.....

anyway, it is exactly the same as the 18.310 except the front seats an 'suicide' seats have extra padding on that little handle on the out side seat.

Buzz Killington

Saw 390 this morning on a southbound intertown. It was passing Farrer/Wanniassa at about 6.50am.

Bus 400

It then did a 111N. This afternoon it was on a 4S.
In between that drivers were being trained on it.

Snorzac

I am going to try and hunt it down first thing tomorrow. It might be out during the middle of the day as well. I earlier received confirmation from Martin that 391 has arrived. So they might use that for training

smitho

At 0650, I crossed MAN 390 doing today's first  300 South on Athllon Drive .....

Bus 400

I did see 390 on the fuel lane at around lunch time. I would think 391 would have to be prepared for service before training can start.

Can't wait for the rest to roll in, rumor has it another 10 are due in the next month or 2.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on September 16, 2009, 08:35:24 PM
At 0650, I crossed MAN 390 doing today's first  300 South on Athllon Drive .....

I drove past you then!

smitho

Ah! Small world. You must have known 390 was going to be about.

I do the 2nd 300 North out of Tuggeranong each day (departing 0642), usually in 337, 'Wilhelmina'.

Busnerd

You doing that shift on monday?

If so i might drive past you and honk, with my MAN themed number plate

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 16, 2009, 08:39:41 PM
I did see 390 on the fuel lane at around lunch time. I would think 391 would have to be prepared for service before training can start.

Can't wait for the rest to roll in, rumor has it another 10 are due in the next month or 2.
390 is continually getting parked in the workshop bays overnight, which prevents most drivers from utilising this bus outside the allocation hours.

391 should be in service by next week.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on September 16, 2009, 09:37:27 PM
Ah! Small world. You must have known 390 was going to be about.

I do the 2nd 300 North out of Tuggeranong each day (departing 0642), usually in 337, 'Wilhelmina'.

Whoops.. showing how long i've been awake today, I read that as you saying you were driving 390. But I do recall having a Scania just ahead of me at the time, and showing how awake i was this morning, didn't even notice it was 337!

But no, didn't know 390 would be out, and normally i wouldn't be at that time of the morning either!

Snorzac

Wow, that is fast! Next week. By the time I am back in Canberra there will be like 10 in service if they get them out there that quickly!

Bus 400

When the workshop guys get cracking they certainly can work quite fast. Both depots can usually clear the bricks & overflow bricks in a few hours. 390 could of been ready sooner, but the Government wanted there media launch & the Government wasn't ready.

Why can't we be just like Deanes? They put a new bus in service without any media launches. Us bus nuts are the only ones that really care about the new buses. The General Public just think "o yeah another air con bus to not turn up or pay my overpriced fare to ride on"

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 16, 2009, 10:00:04 PM
390 is continually getting parked in the workshop bays overnight, which prevents most drivers from utilising this bus outside the allocation hours.

Is anyone able to tell what the allocation hours are?

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 16, 2009, 10:50:42 PMWhy can't we be just like Deanes? They put a new bus in service without any media launches. Us bus nuts are the only ones that really care about the new buses.
Because it's the first Euro V MAN, there won't be a media launch for every new bus.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 16, 2009, 10:50:42 PM

Us bus nuts are the only ones that really care about the new buses. The General Public just think "o yeah another air con bus to not turn up or pay my overpriced fare to ride on"
Not so sure about that - I've had passengers come up asking me about the latest fleet additions since it has been reported in the media. Had one dear old gent from Ainslie on my No 7 this morning who thought that 337 was one of the 74 new MANs; he was so pleased at being able to board the bus without having to climb steps.

Regrettably, Route 7 gets few low floor buses at present....regulars were all at sea when I first started doing the No 7 with a Scania, not knowing where to validate their tickets etc

smitho

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 16, 2009, 09:49:14 PM
You doing that shift on monday?

If so i might drive past you and honk, with my MAN themed number plate
Yes, it's "my shift" so am on it indefinitely ....I'll look out for your MAN themed plate!

Snorzac

For those interested 390 will be doing the following in the morning for the next week:
300 Depart Cohen street 0603
111 Depart Tuggeranong 0701
S/R 537

Busnerd

Smitho, could you post your shift in the drivers lounge for me, goes for martin and chris guru also, I would like to catch up with you all or at least photograph your buses.

Just look out for the car which now has a sattelite tracking sticker :P

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 17, 2009, 03:08:05 PM
Smitho, could you post your shift in the drivers lounge for me, goes for martin and chris guru also, I would like to catch up with you all or at least photograph your buses.

what about belcodriver?  :D

bubzie

...i was about to say, i saw 390 doing the northbound 111.
I was stuck behind it all the way on ashley drive.. :bonk:

Bus 400

Bus 400

For a change ACTION is publicizing the new bus on the website.

Quote from: ACTION Website
NEW ACTION BUS AN AUSTRALIAN FIRST

A new accessible and environmentally-friendly bus is now part of the ACTION fleet. Find out more...

It is only a link to the Chief Minister Media Release (http://www.chiefminister.act.gov.au/media.php?v=8532)

Bus 400

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet. But Bus 390 has the old desto details.

I spotted 390 with the desto "Belconnen Interchange 300"

Now I would of thought 390 would of had the latest update, that is being the 2nd newest ACTION bus.