Buses on Yarra Glen Buslane

Started by Sir Pompously, February 22, 2008, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

John and Myself met up in the morning and travelled to one spot I had been wanting to try out for a while, and this was the Yarra Glen Buslane which continues onto Adelaide Avenue and Parliament House. Unfortunently no photos from Elsewhere as John had to work, but next time there are a few more places to try that we will get to one day.

BUS-347 travels along the Buslane

Old Faithful. A PR100.2 which has had many years of reliable service is running along the Buslane

BUS-360 makes it's way along the busway, with Mount Taylor and the treescaped avenue in the background

And Trasport Related is this traffic light set, with a sign telling people to stop on the red arrow. It's stating the obvious, but I would presume it has a legit reason for being there, my assumption is there is no dedicated turning lane

Fixed the spelling - only one N in "Glen" - R

O305

Great angles on those nice sharp photos, wish I had the sort of lenses you have.

Were they taken at that overbridge between Hughes and Curtin (forgot the name, Carruthers St maybe)? I have often thought that the overbridges on Yarra Glan could be good for bus pictures.

Bus 400

Good pics of Carruthers St. That sign is there for people turning right onto the Yarra Glen slip lane. But you do get the old diot who will stop & wait-& then go straight ahead when it does change.

joshula

Great photo near my block of flat.
just 2km north west from my block of  flat

Jack Bauer

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, they turned out nicely, we shall return one day!

BTW, It's "Yarra Glen".

Busnerd

Dale reported today that big john and 'that other guy' got on his 34 the other day and alighted at kent street and wondered what you were up too

O305

Eww, 34, should have gotten a 30/31/37 to Curtin, it'd be closer anyway, and would be a PR100.2 not a Fart.

Irisbus Rider

He was in 326, and thats what I told Todd, but, no, he insisted on walking. Ha ha :P

Sir Pompously

You need the exercise, you are becoming a little large in the thighs, and your waistband is expanding John :P

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, it's not my fault, I swear, I eat what I get given by my mum :P

Busnerd

and thats your problem..

when i stayed there one time there was like 1 kilo of food on my plate, i ate half of it, and whatever i ate she tried to cook more of that thing even though i was full and gassy by the end of the night.